Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ci4 vs ci4+

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ci4 vs ci4+

Let me just say my experience has been with the the 1000f and the 1000fb. Both of these are sweet reels, with smooth drags. Both have crisp bails. Given the ci4+ is minutely lighter, but the ci4 has the lube port and the reverse switch and is as smooth as silk. Convince me that that the ci4+ is an upgrade. I love them both and have caught a ton of crappie on both.
    SH

Post Thanks / Like

Just a thought here. I wouldn't be overly enthusiastic about a "lube port". When you change the oil in your car, you change all the oil, right? Why would you just add lubrication to old, dirty lubrication in a fishing reel? Makes no sense to me. Other than that, I'm sure those are fine reels.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner08 View Post
    Just a thought here. I wouldn't be overly enthusiastic about a "lube port". When you change the oil in your car, you change all the oil, right? Why would you just add lubrication to old, dirty lubrication in a fishing reel? Makes no sense to me. Other than that, I'm sure those are fine reels.
    Good point Crestliner08
    Thanks so much
    SH