Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: knots for double jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default knots for double jigs

I never use double jigs but thats about to change. Im having alittle trouble with the knots. What knots do you use???
    I grabbed the 6# test the other evening and looked up some knots.
    I could not tie a dropper loop that would not slip and burn(I must be retarded )
    I tried the double surgeons knot and was not really happy with it. (got a little slippage and burning and knot broke a little light)

Last I tried the King sling knot and it cinched down pretty well and seemed to hold and very easy to tie.

I am wetting my knots and trieing to work them down.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

what kind of line are you using? Braided, mono, super mono,

Post Thanks / Like

I am using a palamor knot. I tie it with an extra long tag end. When I have tightened down the knot I pass the tag end back through the jig eye and tie the back jig on.

dave f Guest

Default knots

You can simply tie your jig on with an overhand knot by putting the jig thru the loop 3 times ,wet it and cinch down to form a loop knot . If you want to put a regular hook mid line just form a loop and hold it and your hook by the eye then wrap it 3 times toward the point of hook then take the loop and slip back over the eye of hook and cinch down. Simple , quick and easy for double hook presentation.

Post Thanks / Like

Palomar knot for top jig, leave tag end long to tie on bottom jig.
    Trilene knot for bottom jig

One More Cast ...

Post Thanks / Like

try this one out, it is what alot of us use and easy to tie.
    http://www.animatedknots.com/dropper...matedknots.com

Post Thanks / Like

I got a Duckworth DVD and he was fishing with an old guy, like me, that if I understood right was the first or one of the first to use the Kentucky rig and he did not use a dropper loop. It looked like 2 lure drop shot style rig, weight on the bottom and 2 jigs above about 12-18".Don't the drop-shoters use palomer knots to attach lures? Anyone else use that kind of set-up?
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the kentucky rig but I prefer a dropper loop because it allows the fish to take the bait in deeper. If you use a K rig you hook in the lip more and it may tear out of the lip verses the roof of the mouth if the are able to take in the bait. just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like

Plenty of cool knots here
    this taught me a few i didnt know
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks guys

I cant see some of thew pics in the links provided but thats life.
    I think between the king sling and this other blood loop Ill guve these a try next outing.http://www.fishingkites.co.nz/fishin...ing_knots.html
    I was using normal 6# mono but its old and mybe going bad(breaking pretty easy at times) I did not want to tie a tight knot I was looking for a realxed loop to try and I know some of the knots like the palomar you are not supposed to fish the tag end. I normall get bass and catfish on so I hate the idea opf a big one getting on a knot that it fine for crappie and not much else. Im going to step up in line siz also, I normally use 2-4 and am going to 6 & 8 to limit my jig losses a little.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"