Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: still lookin

Post Thanks / Like

Default still lookin

Hey all, fished the pond Sat evening and Sunday morning lookin for slabs on the pond, a few shorts some real nice gills and a few perch. Kids where happy we got out and they where able to get the gills for fish and egg breakfast. Searched shallow,deep, and every piece of structure I new but couldnt find any numbers of keeper slabs. Jig paintin till Wed since the snows flying.
    I FISH THEREFORE I AM

Post Thanks / Like

Well at least you got into something better than what I have been doing. Been out ALOT looking for something to hit and as yet to have any luck. Hopefully this is the last storm of the year and the water temps will start rising so we can get into em soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be out hunting them again Thursday morning and I am going to try and do some bullhead Thursday night. I checked my journal this morning and last year at this time we where crushing them on the pond and fairhaven so it can only get better!1 At least we are not snowed in although it would be easier to find them if we had ice. LOL
    I FISH THEREFORE I AM

Post Thanks / Like

Where do you go for bullhead?
    We went to Cayuga Lake Friday night and only go 10. Any good spots up Fair Haven way?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I have been Steelhead fishing the past few days. We bullhead on the pond and the estuary of the Salmon river mostly, A few other places with some friends. I am heading out now to see if the crappies have turned on, will post when I get back tonight. Fish on guys, the weather looks good!!
    I FISH THEREFORE I AM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joejv4
    Where do you go for bullhead?
    We went to Cayuga Lake Friday night and only go 10. Any good spots up Fair Haven way?
    A bit of a ways from Fair Haven, but I have done well off of the bridge at the back of Sodus Bay....

Post Thanks / Like

was wondering about Fair Haven because I'm looking to take my son out bullhead fishing, but want to keep it close to home (Cato).

With the weather starting to shape up for a great weekend, I'm thinking bullhead Friday night, Honey-do list Saturday, then crappie on Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive caught them off the ramp next to the marina but mostly I go after Crappie and big gills if I go west, I cant think off the marina name. Usually put the boat in at Fair Haven & Sodus. Starting to get them on the pond from what I hear. Yesterday we did real well with gills, some sweet ones. Heading to Onieda in the morning then the upper resevoir on the way home, no boat tomorrow. Good luck!
    I FISH THEREFORE I AM