HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where oh where did he go ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where oh where did he go ?

My weekly pilgrimage over to Ez's slip area was different yesterday in that my bud SK had to work late and didn't make it over there .
    We missed you my friend but I did get The Capt. to follow me over there and I introduced him to your favorite slip and he stood in that spot a while . He managed a nice 1.6 male fish at that spot .I roamed the docks up and down from 12 fow to 22 fow and ripped lips religiously in all the slips basically . 7 foot down was magic and sweeping it like a crank bait back and forth at that depth was simply deadly , no twitching allowed .
    The fish had a definite preference for bright orange as they often do this time of year and we all used something in that range of orange and chart . At about dark we went shallow after them and The Capt. was spanking them on the rocks with my lil fixed float technique to beat the band in about 3 fow with his float set at about 2 .
    Sure was some fun and about 830 they flat out left for parts unknown along with the majority of the folks trying to ketch them . We gave a bunch of fish away to the less fortunate and two guys in particular had ALOT of cleaning to do last night for sure
    Had some laughs and got my line broke a few times and the bites were all over the map .Lots of fish swallowed jigs and there was blood on the docks for sure . Got to love a jig committed spring run crappie for sure .Fairly even mix of male to female fish and several look like they have been quite busy .
    Thanks again EZ and I will see you Saturday for the work a thon deck removal I am so looking forward to doing
    as always stay tuned and KABOOM
    Attached Images Attached Images              
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Thanks S10CHEVY thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pics and report.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    My weekly pilgrimage over to Ez's slip area was different yesterday in that my bud SK had to work late and didn't make it over there .
    We missed you my friend but I did get The Capt. to follow me over there and I introduced him to your favorite slip and he stood in that spot a while . He managed a nice 1.6 male fish at that spot .I roamed the docks up and down from 12 fow to 22 fow and ripped lips religiously in all the slips basically . 7 foot down was magic and sweeping it like a crank bait back and forth at that depth was simply deadly , no twitching allowed .
    The fish had a definite preference for bright orange as they often do this time of year and we all used something in that range of orange and chart . At about dark we went shallow after them and The Capt. was spanking them on the rocks with my lil fixed float technique to beat the band in about 3 fow with his float set at about 2 .
    Sure was some fun and about 830 they flat out left for parts unknown along with the majority of the folks trying to ketch them . We gave a bunch of fish away to the less fortunate and two guys in particular had ALOT of cleaning to do last night for sure
    Had some laughs and got my line broke a few times and the bites were all over the map .Lots of fish swallowed jigs and there was blood on the docks for sure . Got to love a jig committed spring run crappie for sure .Fairly even mix of male to female fish and several look like they have been quite busy .
    Thanks again EZ and I will see you Saturday for the work a thon deck removal I am so looking forward to doing
    That's sounds like a good time for sure. I like using that side to side crankbait movement. Sometimes that's the only way I can manufacture a bite. Especially in the summer. I do that ,or put on super light head and let it pendulum down to them super slow. It can be deadly, but it's a really slow way to fish. I'm heading to some unfamiliar parts of Arrowhead tomorrow that should hold fish. Gonna challenge myself a little Where oh where did he go ? Where oh where did he go ?. I enjoy your reports and stories. Keep on fishing man.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ketchn, you sure fish well and write well. I enjoy reading about your adventures. I wish you would get a GoPro camera and take us along with you some time. I think it would be great.
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jay the baptist View Post
    Ketchn, you sure fish well and write well. I enjoy reading about your adventures. I wish you would get a GoPro camera and take us along with you some time. I think it would be great.
    I keep hinting to SK that he should do a video of him and Ketchn fishing the slips at Joe Pool. So far the hints haven't worked. So I've started going public with some hints.

We missed his presence last night, it's rough when work interferes with crappie fishing.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Any day I'm fishing is a good day, regardless of what I catch.
    Likes ad1974, skeetbum, hdhntr LIKED above post

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    ------
    I heard a rumor that you were bring a strong young back with you to do the heavy lifting.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Any day I'm fishing is a good day, regardless of what I catch.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HAVE A CRAPPIE DAY:D

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing.....simply amazing!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ezgoing View Post
    I keep hinting to SK that he should do a video of him and Ketchn fishing the slips at Joe Pool. So far the hints haven't worked. So I've started going public with some hints.

We missed his presence last night, it's rough when work interferes with crappie fishing.
    Sk dont video much when we go ....we dont mind Sharing tips and techniques but spots ain't the same sharing in my opinion
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Great catch as usual. I always enjoy your posts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast