HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Side image why ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Side image why ?

Does anyone notice that one side of their side image show a brighter picture than the other, including on the flats in same water depth on both sides of the boat ...why ?

Post Thanks / Like

Which side is brighter? If it's the left, could be some interference from motor. What unit are you running? Need more info.
    "If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes" Unknown

Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed this with mine also, and the left side is the brighter of the two. Not terrible but just enough to notice. Kinda thought it may be motor interference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

If I'm searching I'll tilt my motor up a little and then both sides look fine.
    Likes Slabprowler, chaunc, ad1974, need2befishin LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Left side always seemed brighter even if I had the unit on a different boat over time or even if I have it on an all electric boat with a dedicated battery Lowrance HDS 12 G3

Post Thanks / Like

Never noticed that but next time out I will check, Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Perfect symmetry, with both sides transmitting equally and perfectly plumb, is an ideal rather than the reality in most installations. Unless you have that TD perfectly centered and plumb to the water, you might have a little shading. I adjusted my TD until it looked the best and called it good.
    "Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."

Post Thanks / Like

The transducer off level can cause one side to be different because the side turned up will be lighter than the side turned down. Being off level could be the way the boat is loaded.

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried most of the suggestions even doing so with an independent battery...but I'm still stumped. I might go on to say I've even mounted it on with a removable bracket where I can at any time adjust it left,right or tilt up down mount left side or right side of transom. I can use it with an electric motor,gas motor or no motor on transom same results left side picture about 20+ % brighter

Post Thanks / Like

The lighted left side could be cause by the driver being on the right side making it more heavy to that side.
    LittleJohn
    Likes "G", need2befishin LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast