HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: am needing to buy a pfd

Post Thanks / Like

Default am needing to buy a pfd

was looking at a cabelas guidewear 4000 auto manual inflate im getting old figured i need all the help i can get 179.99 is there price what are all you fine gentelman using Thanks in advance.Go feel that Thump.

silverside is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the auto/manual Bass Pro AM24. $114

Sent from my SM-G960U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes wannabe fisherman, Chance LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I use a Mustgang HST
    Likes Alphahawk LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I use a Mustang Elite28 with HIT (Hydrostatic Inflator Technology) which means I can fish in a hurricane and never set it off. Must be submersed in water to inflate. I love the comfort and peace of mind it delivers.
    Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"

Wear that PFD, the life you save might be your own!!

tlefire is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bass Pro AM/24 for me also.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17
    2018 Yamaha F90 four stroke
    Ultra 106sv bow/console
    Livescope Terrova 24v Ionic lithium batteries

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, off topic a bit. Ok, I still wear just an old fashion life vest, I am use to wearing it, doesn’t bother me. I have thought about an inflatable but did not want to spend the money, I got the money though that’s not it. Maybe I just don’t trust the inflatables. Are you guys saying that if I get an inflatable, that I will never go back to a regular vest?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Haynes View Post
    Sorry, off topic a bit. Ok, I still wear just an old fashion life vest, I am use to wearing it, doesn’t bother me. I have thought about an inflatable but did not want to spend the money, I got the money though that’s not it. Maybe I just don’t trust the inflatables. Are you guys saying that if I get an inflatable, that I will never go back to a regular vest?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I fish tailrace systems a lot. In the areas below them that I fish a PFD is required....although I wear a PFD the whole time I’m in the boat no matter where I’m at. The inflatables are so much more comfortable and you don’t even realize you have it on. Wearing a normal PFD in summer is suffocating to me. As to the trust factor.....inflatables have been around for decades...they work.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes need2befishin, footballcoach LIKED above post
    Thanks Robert Haynes thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

A/M 24 here too. Just rearmed it because I had lost confidence in it.I pitched into a barrel of water bang it went off instantly so I rearmed it again and now I'm ready to go. Hope this helps. Oh forgot to mention it had been four years that had passed before I rearmed it, let it go 3 days after the barrel bath to test the chambers and all was well. Good to go.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a/m 24 Cabelas brand during the spring classic for $79. They are on sale occasionally. I haven't drowned yet. lol

Post Thanks / Like

I have a onyx a/m deluxe that is about six years on and wears really good. At that time it was $150 about and found it this year on the online for $90 ordered one for grandson. Do your homework online and there are some good buys out there. I fish a lot in the winter and now looking for a regular pfd or one of the new jackets. Get one that you will wear all the time, they don't laying in the boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast