Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Finally Open Water!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally Open Water!

And temps in the upper 60's. Most ice is gone now, with the exception of a few back water areas. Walt came over today and helped with finishing our boat project to install rod holders. I'll post separately on the results of this project, but after he left, I took a ride around - with my rod of course - and hit a couple of local ponds to see if any fish were active. Wow.....lots of fishermen out with the same idea! LOL! Pretty crowded in the early afternoon, after the sun came out. But, I did manage 2 nice crappie and one small bass (a bit over a pound), with about 1 1/2 hrs. to fish. Not a bad way to break the ice!

Can't wait to try the small boat out, now that it's tricked out for side pulling. I'll post pics in the boating section.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear. Hopefully we will see things change here in Maine shortly. Still 30 inches of ice here. I ice fished this morning but can't wait for open water. They extended the ice fishing season here by 2 and a half weeks.

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app