HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: General "shout out" to the members on this site

Post Thanks / Like

Default General "shout out" to the members on this site

Sorry if this is corny but I have lived long enough to appreciate the kindness of strangers. I think the members of this site are great! Always helpful for a rookie like me who is learning how to catch these tasty critters. I have participated in other outdoor sites and people can be cruel and snarky......hiding behind a keyboard. I love this site and appreciate all the members who are so helpful and nice. This unfortunately goes against the norm for life these days. Anyways, so thankful for this site.

Post Thanks / Like

Some helpful folks on here for sure. I've learned a lot for sure.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
    Thanks "G", S10CHEVY thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Slab and the moderators of every forum in every state certainly run a tight ship for sure. They are all committed in unison to providing a wholesome family forum that welcomes and encourages the participation of the whole family and therefore won't and don't put up with arguments, politics, self serving, profanity, vulgarity or any of the many forms of disrespecting of others.
    I said all of that to say, yes, you are exactly right with your observation... and that I totally agree that that's the way it ought to be.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17

Post Thanks / Like

Great site with many great people!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Thanks "G" thanked you for this post

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have met some awesome folks here! And have became friends with many! Have learned more than I can ever retain. it’s just good wholesome stuff ! Without all the drama and nonsense! C.C is the best!
    Likes Slab, SuperDave336, S10CHEVY, Jamesdean LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that’s what keeps us all coming back. Like it or not, y’all are my second family.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes Slab, SuperDave336, shipahoy41, Redge, S10CHEVY LIKED above post
    Thanks "G", Jamesdean thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Besides sharing their knowledge we are family. I'm fighting cancer right now and I asked for prayers and the response was amazing.
    I could have never imagined it but it shows what a family site Slab has created.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Without a slight doubt this website forum atmosphere is the best I have ever encountered . Keyboard commandos are not in supply here.
    I for one post lots of controversial opinions on the methods of capture and how to employ them . It pleases me to a great degree to be able to share my experiences without a bunch of trash talking and snide comments . I find a lot of the tried and true and even scientifically proven data type information mentioned about this species to be not so steadfast in many cases.
    I walk a totally different path than most crappie anglers and this is a refreshing place to leave a fish tale . The limit to the gorilla advertising type of thing that is so abundant on many sites is also refreshing .
    So in synopsis I appreciate your post and totally agree with your findings
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes SuperDave336, Redge, S10CHEVY, TerryD LIKED above post
    Thanks "G", Slab thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I also love the positive atmosphere here. Great members. I belong to a couple of other fishing forums that can be negative at times. I don't find that here ever and this is by far my favorite place to share pics and stories.
    Likes Slab, S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

First off, without the members and the moderators here, we'd have nothing. Crappie fishermen are the best.

Secondly, it's all "G"s fault. And for two reasons. A) there was a time here when many long standing members were taking the site sideways, and I was going to give in and let it go. "G" talked me through it and made me stand my ground. Thanks "G". and B) Inspector "G" is seemingly on here 24/7, watching, keeping the site clean of garbage. Just look at the number of posts he has! And he approves and welcomes every new member. Not to take anything away from any other moderators because we need each and every one of them, but "G" is truly amazing.

And third, I can't stand the fact that other social media sites allow what they allow. They make an absolute fortune and put that money to no good. We take care of our community and give back to it. Those other greedy websites only reap the rewards, and tear down the fabric of society by emboldening the bad. I hate them all with a passion (in case you had not heard me say that before!). Everyone should send all their friends to crappie.com and do their social media here (we do have many off topic forums).

Thank you everyone for your participation here and your kind comments. I'll step off my soap box now.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast