Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Possum Lodge on TableRockLake..Crappie Freak

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Possum Lodge on TableRockLake..Crappie Freak

:D
    Hey Everyone. Long time listener...first time caller Mr. Obvious....lol
    Im Hardcore crappie on Tablerock lake (4 days a week) and i go nocturnal after the spawn.... nov. thru may. winter morning fishing ... june- oct. night.
    I have killed this winter(mostly trolling) and will soon be slow rolling spinner baits for bass at night and crappie fishing .
    I`ve tried it all over the years... grew up ice fishing northern illinois waters
    and slaying spring crappie as a kid.... been south most of my adult life fishing Bullshoals , Table Rock, Ark-Dardenell, Truman...Buffalo river... Finally settled on TableRock 5 yrs ago.
    Used (pink )minnows, Jigs, Deep fishing , trolling, bobber, and recently been making my own "mean green" jig heads with big googley eyes from walmart, some fingernail polish and superglue.... I`M the guy with a cooler fulla minnows
    outside his door... owns his own company/2 boats and a bad hereditary crappie addiction.

Looking foward to learning more about other crappie anglers` experiences especially nightfishing crappie...

MichaelT........... I am........SpecHunter...:-}
    :D MichaelT. In the Zone

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone
    This is my new thread ( guess ya can have 4 pages only )
    Feel free to post as much as you like... Lookin forward to Hearing from everyone.
    Later Spec..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by SpecHunter; 04-15-2007 at 01:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone ... figured i`d go out and try to catch a few late afternoon slabs.
    Talked with a guy that went out this morning and gt skunked.... We`ll see...
    I`m headin out in an hour or so.......

Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck. I fished Lake of Egypt in Southern Illinois this past weekend and the fishing was really tough. Did catch a couple nice 15+ inchers though. Im thinking about heading down your way to Table Rock either in about 2 weeks or sometime in late May (Work permitting) Any advice on which arm of THE ROCK to target? It's been years since I have had a chance to make it down there.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Maladroit
    The best place for slabs is Cape fair area.. but watch the weather close because a good rain (even to the north of the lake ) will dirty up cape fair because of the James river just north dumping into tablerock.
    If thats the case you`ll want to fish the aunts creek area ( a lil closer to main lake) for good slabs. Sounds like the right time to come down too.
    Best of luck... Just drop me a line a few days prior to coming down... I`ll let ya know the conditions exactly......