HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Definitely Different!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Definitely Different!

Well I caught my first live scope fish the other day and the "feeling" or the euphoria I should say was definitely different for me than what I was expecting; almost made me feel unworthy as silly as that sounds.

I have heard many relate it too playing a video game and I must agree; years ago when some of the old Nintendo/Xbox style fishing games were around and you watched your TV screen trying to maneuver your controller or joy stick to get your on screen lure at the right spot to get bit and when you did your handheld controller would buzz with the vibration to emulate the strike; well that's about the same feeling you get with the exception that you usually do have to take a real fish off of your line afterwords.

As for the new technology there is no question that it is incredible and it has already started to literally revolutionize the future of fishing as we know it, as so many different innovations have in the past. As time goes on it will most likely become the premier tool to have especially with our younger generation and it will most likely bring a whole lot of young kids into the sport of fishing that would not have otherwise been interested; I got to witness that first hand too as a youngster fisherman that was in our group was very excited to fish via Live Scope but lost interest in just a few minutes when it came to the old school way.

As for me personally I'm glad I got to experience it first hand without purchasing one first. I'm not going to say that I would never have one in fact if I relied on fishing as a way to feed my family either literally or by way of earning money in tournament fishing it would be the first thing I'd have in my boat. But I don't and fishing for me is purely for the joy and excitement that I get from the planning, executing and catching the fish which if all goes well is then topped off by having few good meals on table.

Yes I guess you can say that I'm getting older and set in my ways as the bis six-0 is fast approaching, but I prefer being a rod watcher, thump feeler and taking in the beautiful scenery and it's surroundings as opposed to staring at small TV screen for hours on end. So to all of you folks who use or plan to use the scope well "Here's to you enjoy" ........ But I Think I'll Pass!
    Thanks S10CHEVY, RMGeorge thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Technology is a marvelous thing indeed. However, just think about the old days, when you went fishing for the joy of it. No sonar......leakiy john boat... fiberglass rod and Johnson Century closed face spinning reel. Some hand tied jigs (of your own doing) and the sun on your back. What could be better? I'm just sayin'!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner08 View Post
    Technology is a marvelous thing indeed. However, just think about the old days, when you went fishing for the joy of it. No sonar......leakiy john boat... fiberglass rod and Johnson Century closed face spinning reel. Some hand tied jigs (of your own doing) and the sun on your back. What could be better? I'm just sayin'!
    I agree totally with you on this. If the live scope is bad then all the modern fish finders are bad as well. There is a tremendous difference in what the current Solix will display as compared to my 7 year old 999 will display and there is a tremendous difference between the 999 and the first flasher unit I bought.

I have the live scope. I can watch my lure go down and I can watch the fish swim around the cover.s I discovered there are a lot more crappie under my slip than I thought. And discovered when the bite stopped, the crappie were still there, they had just stopped biting.

I also discover that crappie are very shy and will flee from a jig that is dropped into their midst too fast. After a minute or two they will ease back and scope the jig out but it does not mean they will hit it. I also discovered I was jigging too fast most of the time.

And the biggest thing I discovered is just because they come up to your jig does not mean they will bite it. I have watched groups of them leave the brush pile, swim up to my jig and make a circle around it, watch it for a bit and then swim back into the brush. Just because you can see them does not mean you can make them bite.

Personally the live scope is the second best thing I have bought for my pontoon, the first being the Ultrex trolling motor, which is also an unfair advantage. It has not made me catch more fish yet but it has increased the enjoyment of the slow days when I can't seem to buy a bite.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Any day I'm fishing is a good day, regardless of what I catch.
    Likes Fish on Line, S10CHEVY, Slabprowler, Roy LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ezgoing View Post
    If the live scope is bad then all the modern fish finders are bad as well.
    Don't think anyone said they were bad, it's just a different way to fish that's all.

Post Thanks / Like

Tournaments in my opinion should be no electronics. I know there is a growing number of kayak only fishing tournaments. It's kind of like why people climb mountains instead of taking a helicopter to the top.

Post Thanks / Like

And I thought I was the sheet when I got my paper graph along with my flasher 3 decades ago on my Skeeter with the GT150! lol!

tlefire is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vfourmax View Post
    And I thought I was the sheet when I got my paper graph along with my flasher 3 decades ago on my Skeeter with the GT150! lol!
    Hey, I remember those too. Would graph spots and put the description on where it was at using trees on the bank, a pier, or anything you could triangulate to, and hope you could find it again. Oh for the good times again............not.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17
    2018 Yamaha F90 four stroke
    Ultra 106sv bow/console
    Livescope Terrova 24v Ionic lithium batteries

Post Thanks / Like

I went fishing for a friend with Livescope and we were hunting for crappie not fishing for them. We would use the trolling the motor and creep along a stump filled flat until we found fish. Sometimes it would be a single crappie and other times it would be a pod of fish. Sometimes they would hit it as soon as it dropped and other times they would ignore it all together. The Livescope was a bird dog on the bow waiting to come up on some quail.I learned more about crappie in that one day than I have in 40 years of chasing slabs. The thing that I found shocking was the amount of water I would have typically fished that was void of any fish at all. Seeing a fish not biting your jig brings alot more confidence than not knowing if the fish is even home. Livescope is a game changer.