Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will You Please Help Me Out?

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Will You Please Help Me Out?

I am asking for your help. If you have a DVD or VHS tape on tips and techniques for Crappie fishing will you make me a copy and send it to me?

I would like to show it to some Special Education students I teach at Midfield High School. Please PM me and I'll send you an address.

ALSO, I saw this in the archives under "Stuff we don't want to lose." It was originally posted by KCBH from Kansas City, MO. Does it really work? Please let me and others know. I think it is a neat idea and I will make a few tomorrow.

quote: "A old guy showed me this years ago and I have caught thousands of crappie with it. I am new here and this might be old news to you guys but I have never seen it used before.

You take a wooden bobber and drill three holes. One on the top and two across from each other on the bottom sides.(See picture) Then insert a "BB" size slip shot in each hole. If you use a smaller drill bit than the BB slip shot they will fit snug, but I use a larger bit and just cover them with a glue to seal them in.

Then you remove the spring clip that holds the line and buy some fuel line (From a hobby store that sell RC cars/planes.) Slide the rubber fuel line over the shaft, insert fishing line in the slot, then push fuel line up to hold it in place. Now you can adust your line depth by just pulling more line away from the bobber.

Now here is the real key to this ... your jig head has to weight less than 1/64 oz. Because if you don't the bobber will stand up. If you use the correct weighted jig head the bobber will lay flat. Now all the crappie has to do it put as little as 1/64oz of pressure on the jig to make the bobber stand up. Keep your line snug and just give it a pop and it will set the hook. Now if you are fishing deep (5' to 6') you will have to raise you rod tip up as far as you can reach to set the hook.

I always use 2 lb to 4 lb line on a spinning reel with a 6' rod.

The weighted bobber will give you great casting distance, even in the wind."

quote: "That rig set up the correct way will surprise you on how little a crappie has to do to get it to stand up. Plus you can fling it out there a long ways because of the added weight in the bobber.

I take 1/64 oz jig heads and cut off the extra lead so I can have a larger hook gap. And I always make sure the jig is hanging flat, not pointed up or down.

To find crappies I toss it out and reel it back in real slow till I catch one. Then I toss it back to the same spot and play the waiting game (5-10 seconds) then give it a twitch. The split shot on the top is counter balancing the weight of the jig and the line. The two split shots on the side act as the pivot point. If the weight of the line and the jig (that is hanging under the bobber) is more than the weight of the top spilt shot then the bobber's main shaft will try to point vertical or maybe a 45 degree angle. What I would do if I were you I would start with a 1/64 oz jig head and work my way up from there.

All the crappies I caught in the above photos never pulled the bobber under water, all they did was make it stand up vertically.

I just use a pair of wire cutters to remove the excess weight off the jig head.

I regulary fish this set up 4'-5' deep."

Let me know what you think of KCBH's post. I think it may have merit. That is why I am posting it again, not just for feedback, but also for the new individuals in this forum.

Thanks.

old ship
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 04-15-2007 at 08:01 AM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to help you out but what you are asking is illegal! Copyrights! Sorry!
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, can I borrow what you folks for about a week?

Hang in there Michael.

Maybe if you pay postage we can Git ER Done.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, we would all go to jail for that one, but here is a very good video for just $10:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...=SearchResults

Post Thanks / Like

send me your address I have in fishermans crappie tactics or something and its yours if you want it just drop me a pm with the info

Stink
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I was lucky enough that I had a grandpa show me how to fish for crappie, and how to go about catching these fish that we are all after. Now that I have kids of my own, I am wanting them to enjoy this hobby. I plan on teaching them what I have learned as they get older.
    Yes I have an In-Fisherman Crappie Wisdom DVD that I would like to send to you. I will pay the postage. I hope the kids in your class have as much enjoyment in watching this as my kids and I have. Please send me a PM with your Info.

NOW LET'S SEE IF ANY OTHER MEMBERS DO THE SAME! Just my $.02

Post Thanks / Like

I have an in fisherman with al linder vhs i can send - hit me with a pm with yer info.
    I don't go Fishing...I go CATCHING!

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w36/Badi2de/

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie fishing

there is not that much to crappie fishing at least equipment wise.
    I dont normally use slip floats but if you obly use weight on the jighead if a fish hits it comming up the float will just flop on to its side and you know you got a bite or are on bottem or snagged. As for attaching line to float(like thill floats) they come with surgical tubing and you can buy clear by the foot from mcmaster carr that is high quality and doesnt seem to dry out like others. Clipping the jead off of a jig doent affect the gap at all. The only reason you would need a bigger gap is for bittger fish. Alot of times when I catch catfish or bass on jigs with small #10 hooks the hooks do not have enough gap nor stiffness sometimes to penetrate heavy bone, in those cases a slightly larger hook and possibly a better quality hook like mustad 32746 might be a better choice. If all you are doing is using a small 1/32 or 1/16 jig fairly shallow you cannot beat a float like the thill ms-2 or 3 as they are weight matched to your jig and you get to see those life bites.

Here are links to chatt martin parts 1-3 i have no idea why part 4 is not there.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhynrEbQIlM
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

Not illegal to burn a DVD and give one away. As long as there's no profits being made on viewing or whatever.
    Send me your info bud, i'll burn a few dvds and send ya the copies. Hope the kids enjoy.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks to you who have responded to this request. We don't want to illegally make copies. Those of you who have your own used DVD or VHS tape on crappie fishing are asked to send the tape to our special education students. Please send it to

Mr. Mike Carter room 15
    Midfield High School
    1600 High School Road
    Midfield, AL 35228
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 04-16-2007 at 06:13 AM. Reason: update
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast