HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toddler PFD

Post Thanks / Like

Default Toddler PFD

Looking for recommendations for a PFD for my 3 year old..does everyone prefer the autos or regular ones for kids? I found an auto that inflated as soon as its immersed but also has a rip cord..(kids like to play with stuff) so not sure about the rip cord. This Is what i was looking at..
    Name:  Screenshot_20190323-111130_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  70.3 KB
    And the link: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Premium-A...?selected=true

Let me know your experiences/opinions please.

Post Thanks / Like

We are looking too for one for my 4 yr old girl. No way would I get her an auto inflating one though. We would be having to fix it constantly. I think probably safer to with regular ones. Just my opinion though.
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That's kinda what we were discussing, but then it also came up as to whether shed keep a regular one all day..

Post Thanks / Like

We are forcing the point when near water she has to keep it on. If she removes it then no more water or kayak.
    Likes "G", strmwalker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good idea, out plan too. Especially in the boat, never thought about trying to put her in the yak..lol. What you think of the body suit ones? Similar to this Name:  Screenshot_20190323-115524_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  64.4 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I didn’t even know they had those, that might be the best yet. My wife was telling me some kind didn’t do so well and could roll them over onto face so I’m gonna research that before buying anything but I do like this suit!

We bought her the lifetime youth kayak but haven’t given it to her yet. In pink of course....lol

Post Thanks / Like

Yea that was another consideration..I have noticed most kids ones tend to have the float in the front as opposed to the back. Her old one was this way...glad you mentioned that..I'll look into it to. I'd kinda like a grab handle on the back, just in case. The PFD for the dog has one, be nice to be able to snatch her up if need be, but WILL go in after her lol

Post Thanks / Like

Oh heck yeah I’d get wet as well. I can swim and she is still learning. I like the handles too. Wife said some with the higher neck and handles were the ones flipping them so make sure you do research. Water still cold so I have time before we need one. I’m thinking maybe even let her first time or two be in a pool.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, for sure. That's why I posted here is for info like that. Glad I did. The one we had for her last year was a good one but pretty sure shes outgrown it. So on to the next one, but you know how it goes if you got one this age lol.

Post Thanks / Like

This style is what my kids liked: https://www.dhresource.com/0x0s/f2-a...ports-life.jpg Not the best, but safe enough for my water loving kids while they were on the dock hanging out. When they were on the boat they got regular vest with head flap.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast