Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rango / Tool

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rango / Tool

If you did not know the boat show is this weekend at the convention center in uptown Charlotte. It starts this Thursday and goes through Sunday. I am planning to go on thursday but once again it seems when I plan to do something that relates to fishing or boating the weather wants to disrupt my plans. You know it could not snow on Wed,when I have to go cut up a fallen tree in my mother in laws yard.
    I even changed my plans for a day at Wateree to cut up this tree. However things are looking brighter someone is finally coming to look at the boat. I can feel that night stalking getting closer every minute.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rhoadie
    If you did not know the boat show is this weekend at the convention center in uptown Charlotte. It starts this Thursday and goes through Sunday. I am planning to go on thursday but once again it seems when I plan to do something that relates to fishing or boating the weather wants to disrupt my plans. You know it could not snow on Wed,when I have to go cut up a fallen tree in my mother in laws yard.
    I even changed my plans for a day at Wateree to cut up this tree. However things are looking brighter someone is finally coming to look at the boat. I can feel that night stalking getting closer every minute.
    Hold out for the best price. you still got time before the bite starts. a bit of advice.. when you get your loan, get enough to go ahead and load your boat with quality rod holders to.... it will save a lot of complaining from the wife when you start puttin more money in your boat right after buying a new one experience talking there....... im going with tool today which is a real treat for me to ride in anothers boat and check his stuff out. Im thinking this is the first time ive ever been out in toolboat. I think we barged up a time or two. me and pete hit the south end of the lake yesterday so i think we heading north today to see if theres anything hoppin up that way.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Rango - You couldn't have said it any better, I did the same exact thing...when I bought my boat, I got enough left in the loan to buy EVERYTHING else I might/possibly want or need in the next couple months too....(i.e. new tires/rims, cover, seats, batteries, new trolling motor.....anything and everything) because after you spend that kind of money on a boat, she will complain if you need to spend another dime.....so get it all done at once if possible.......

GREAT advice!!!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Thank Gawd I do not have that problem.

Got shed of her 24 years ago. I can do what I want when I want.

With a wife, I probably would not have the boat, a trailer in Morehead City, all kinds of rods/reels, all the fishing tackle I need or don't, and able to go fishing whenever the weather and the job let me. Do not have to hear complaining about me doing the things that keep my heart pumping.

I ain't bragging, just glad I can do it. And I probably have a few more dollars in my pocket because I am the only one to spend it. Good life...lol.

Going to Bass Pro Shops at lunch to buy something I probably do not need.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dontcatchmany

With a wife, I probably would not have the boat, a trailer in Morehead City, all kinds of rods/reels, all the fishing tackle I need or don't, and able to go fishing whenever the weather and the job let me. Do not have to hear complaining about me doing the things that keep my heart pumping.

I ain't bragging, just glad I can do it. And I probably have a few more dollars in my pocket because I am the only one to spend it. Good life...lol.

Sage wisdom
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dontcatchmany

I congratulate and envy you DCM on your ultimate wisdom and ability in being able to hold on to your stuff. I got a feeling tho i aint so smart. If id get rid of her, im afraid id not even have have the proverbial pot to pee in or a place to throw it time she was done . i know the boat and contents would go along with all my prized fishing posessions. so looks like to keep all this important stuff, im gonna have to somehow convince her to keep lettin me live here....
    In my ultimate wisdom in keeping all my stuff sorta hid when ive bought it she dont know what i have so if one night i croak in the beast, ive authorized any crew aboard to grab what they can carry before they call 911. its theirs,, they can have it... I think thats one reason they ask me how im feeling.... hoping that night they are gonna get lucky...... pete has become a master at locating anything in the beast in a moments notice, so he should be able to clean it out in just a couple seconds so if anyone else is aboard, they gonna have to move fast to get anything that should be interesting
    Last edited by rango; 02-02-2005 at 07:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GABoy
    Rango - You couldn't have said it any better, I did the same exact thing...when I bought my boat, I got enough left in the loan to buy EVERYTHING else I might/possibly want or need in the next couple months too....(i.e. new tires/rims, cover, seats, batteries, new trolling motor.....anything and everything) because after you spend that kind of money on a boat, she will complain if you need to spend another dime.....so get it all done at once if possible.......

GREAT advice!!!
    I wish i could do it again, id have some things now i dint know back then id be wanting so bad now... a couple grand more added to the loan aint gonna make the payments that much higheer, but it will make you a lot happier fisherman since you dont have face the wrath of the little lady (or big lady, whatever the case may be, but youd be better off with using little lady) when you tell her you just gotta have that extra stuff to make you a world class fisherman....

Post Thanks / Like

If I wasn't married I would not have a boat - the wife makes the payments you know - I guess I would not have as nice a boat - I had 3 boats before this one - this is the first new one and the biggest one I ever owned - but the wife loves to flounder fish and loves for me to take her out to the sand bars out in the inlet to take in the sun all day - not crowded like the beach - I just can't get her to go crappie fishing with me - I am hoping to get her out on the lake this summer to take in some sun when we can't be at the coast - maybe catching a couple of slabs will get her intrested
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

once a man retires, hes gotta keep the little lady working, else he aint gonna have much free time on his hands to continue his quest for a three pound crappie.....