Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the board

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to the board

Hey fellas, just wanted to introduce myself. Crappie fishing is a passion of mine, and look forward to sharing info and tactics of the sport. I have fished most of the major lakes in the state, I prefer stained water over clear, jigs over minnows. My favorite lake is Truman. I'm feelin good cause I got the feel the "thump" of a crappie bite this morning. :D

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Slip Float]Hey fellas, just wanted to introduce myself. Crappie fishing is a passion of mine, and look forward to sharing info and tactics of the sport. I have fished most of the major lakes in the state, I prefer stained water over clear, jigs over minnows. My favorite lake is Truman. I'm feelin good cause I got the feel the "thump" of a crappie bite this morning. :D[/QUOTE

welcome to crappie.com and the MO board. Looking forward to reading your post on here and maybe someday meeting you in person.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Slipfloat, what part of the state do you reside in?? I live in Jeff City, fish LOZ, Mark Twain, and Truman. I spend most of my time fishing during the summer on Truman. Stained water does seem to produce the better fishing.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome slipfloat it sounds like youre new to the board but not new to crappie fishing.Its been a week since i felt that old familiar thump but thats gonna end friday cause i have to put out a couple of pvc beds, so since im gonna be on loz anyway i thought i might take a pole and give it a shot, i just hope its not as muddy as my last trip.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Tae, I live in Columbia. Bugman, good luck fishing this weekend! I would think the water should begin to clear a bit. They have been pushing it through Truman long enough now that the water there should begin to clear a bit. I have fished LOZ a little bit, but not enough to know for sure what to expect the water conditions to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Bugman, I plan to be out there Sat and maybe Sunday. The lake maybe be crappy but the weather sure isnt going to be that way on Sat. I had heard that the backs of the coves are starting to clear up so this is a sign of good things to come. Also from the LOZ lake report recording that the lake is going to keep dropping. They said possibly the lake could get as low as 650 just for the winter draw down. Might make it tough gettin the boat in water at some ramps.

Slip, glad there is another person around. Hopefully you can fish with us when we do are boarder showdown between IL and MO sometime this year.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Ted, i have a friend that works at bagnell he controls generation,lake levels etc he said they're gonna get it down to 655 for drawdown, which is pretty typical. That makes it easy to find all the new structure as well as putting out stakebeds.I see you have a gps, wal mart has a garmin 72 for about 150.00 bucks, will this unit work well for marking beds and how easy is it to learn. Slip float you going to the sports show this weekend? thought i might go on sun.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it will work for marking beds, but I am not sure if you want the feature to have lake maps. I dont know for sure on that unit if you can upload the mapsource. You will have to check on the box or call garmin. If it does have the map feature, I have a old version of mapsource I can make you a good deal on. It has LOZ, Truman, Stockton, Smithville, Table Rock, Pomme de Terre, Bull shoals, and Wapappello on it. It doesnt have the cable to hook up from the computer to the unit.

I have went to that show in the past, you would think with the lake that we could have one real nice one in this area. I am looking forward to the St Louis show coming up at the end of the month.
    Ted

Post Thanks / Like

Welsome to the forum! I reside in Callaway County. Will fish LOZ Saturday and Sunday somewhere else. go to aroundthelake.com to track where I have been. I post reports there. But like the conversation here. Roadrunners have been the recent bait of choice. BC

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Slip Float. My favorite lake is also Truman. It doesn't matter what time of the year, I always catch some crappie there. Sometimes I just have to move around a lot. I strickly use jigs. I would like to retire in the near future and get closer to the lake. I live in Ozark now.But I don't mind getting up early and pulling the boat up there. There's something about fishing that is so enjoyable. Most wives don't understand. Mine loves to fish, but not at the break of dawn. I wish there would be more crappie clubs in the state. I think we have as much or more fun than bass fishermen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast