Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what crappie dvd's do you like

Post Thanks / Like

Post what crappie dvd's do you like

hello fellow slabhunters. since joining this site i have learned a ton already and everyone seems to be really great people. well got another question, just wondering some of the dvd's out there you guys think are the best (informational). i've been looking at buying one of the midwest crappie volumes beings i fish the midwest 98% of the time. there are so many out there to choose from. iv'e seen a few before but they are geared more towards just recreational fishing. i've been crappie fish'n for 20 years but mainly just the springtime. my dad raised and tought me a lot about bass fishing so i am much more knowledgeble in the green carp business. well it's time to move on to crappie. absolutely love seeing that slab flash below the boat, more than a big largemouth most my buddy's don't agree with me therefore i crappie fish a lot by myself which i don't mind one bit. anyway all iv'e really done is some jigging but mainly just pretty much casting to the bank around springtime. i wanna learn how to catch them year round and learn different tactics and techniques such as spider rigging, trolling, tightlining, not sure what tightlining is). i know that put'n in the time and being on the water is the best way to learn and believe me i have been do'n that in all kinds of weather, but with not much success. just wondering what you guys and gals think are maybe the more informative ones and not just watching people catch fish. don't get me wrong, love watching those too but ready to get some schooling in:rolleyes: can't wait for this weather next week here in missouri. i am truman bound for 2 weeks start'n the 20th WWWWWOOOOOOHHHHH HHHHHHOOOOOO! thanks good fishing to all!
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have all of the Midwest Crappie series DVD's. (just ordered series IV today). These shows are very good and show a great variety of tactics. They cover different regions as well as different times of the year. I live just south of the viewing area of the sportsman channel so these are a welcomed addition to my library of fishing media.

my .02
    take care
    chris
    Mistertwister
    Here crappie, crappie, crappie, crappie......:D :D :D

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Been watching videos and reading as much as i can about crappie fishing for 20 years or more now and by far the best is the Midwest crappie series dvd's. Russ will teach you how to crappie fish. I've learned so much by watching his series and reading Crappie world magazine. Give them both a good look.

Post Thanks / Like

It would be kind of neat to share videos. You know,, I'll share mine if you share yours.

I don't have any but the people that do would more then likely learn something.
    Mike

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fisher Mike

Can you burn me a DVD copy?

Send me a PM if so.

old ship
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the In-Fisherman Crappie Wisdom DVD. Not bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by superdave1984
    I have the In-Fisherman Crappie Wisdom DVD. Not bad.
    LOL... I was just about to say that same thing. Pretty good video though. Talks about the crappie nature, the night bite, spinner tactics and locations.

Pretty informational. I'd suggest picking it up.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the infisherman and a couple basspro ones. Not to bad have learned a lot of stuff watching those videos. Still want to get some of the Midwest Crappie ones but will have to wait until after my vacation and daughters b-day.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Midwest crappie is a good series. Also Jim Duckworth's videos are good. The Crappie Killer also has good videos but only on VHS. Crappie World magazine, Tim Huffman's books and In-fisherman are all good reads. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

skiphick Guest

i bought a three pack of jim duckworth crappie shallow,deep,and monster crappie. they suck, dont get them. first off he needs to fire his camera man because you never see the actual working of the jig, just how well he sits in a boat seat. second everything he is going to tell you is pretty much common sense, learned nothing new.

i think i could have made a better fishing video.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast