Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Racoon Crappie ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Racoon Crappie ?

I managed one the other day , along side of 56 others in shallow water . Sure lost a ton of fish though . Very tricky getting them to the bank in the rain and the brush . But someone has to do it right ?
    Hit it at very first light and knew an approximate location where I lost a fish 3 days before . The spot was loaded up to beat the band ,boys and girls together dancing in the rain .
    I did manage a pair of bass in the mix ,but that was when I first got there , after daylight it was all crappie and flat on fire .
    Now mind you I lost 2 rigs in a tree that hung over the beds and I will post a photo of just where I had to cast over and over and over again . 3 hours of non stop it was and then I had to go to work .
    Towards the end of the ordeal I was losing and missing a big number of fish and after a dozen or so and a few falling off in the grass I noticed I didn't have a hook point anymore !
    particulars are as follows , the rig was set up about 3 foot deep and the fish were in about 4 to 6 foot of water off a steep rock ledge . If you set the hook when the float went down or got bit you came up empty ! you had to let the float be gone a good long time before you let them have it .
    stay tuned last nights episode on white crappie at another lake was about all that with icing on it I tell ya .
    buts that's yet another fish story
    Attached Images Attached Images               
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Racoon crappie for sure. Never seen one colored up like that.

Post Thanks / Like

It ain't easy being Cheesy..... Nice catchn or ketchn there sir..... were you down south somewheres? Surely that ain't DFW area you're catchn spawners in

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKs Crappie Catching Adventures View Post
    It ain't easy being Cheesy..... Nice catchn or ketchn there sir..... were you down south somewheres? Surely that ain't DFW area you're catchn spawners in
    Couldn't be too far south since he had to leave for work. But that was for sure a rough place to get into cast after cast. Had I been fishing there I probably would have lost my rig 9 casts out of 10. Great job of getting to them along with your normal great job of catching them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave336 View Post
    Racoon crappie for sure. Never seen one colored up like that.
    he was terribly pretty for sure with bold colors on his body and his gill plate mask about as black as tar
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

nice
    -------> "Go ahead --- leave me on the dock --- see if I care" <-------

Post Thanks / Like

That’s a haul!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job! Love the look of the buds all over those shoreline bushes. Can't wait!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch!