Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Getting my daughter her first rod and reel tonight

Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting my daughter her first rod and reel tonight

My daughter turns 3 on Friday and I'm taking her to pick out her first fishing pole tonight. I have a feeling she is going to lean towards the Moana or Frozen kids setups but I want to get her like a zebco dock demon or similar. But I agreed to let her pick whatever one she wants!! So going to have to do a little persuading and trickery to get her to pick a more quality setup haha. But if she picks a Star Wars one, it's in the cart lol!!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I let me daughter pick her first one too. She picked Disney fairies which is great because it was marked clearance. It had a little light every time you would push button it would light. She quickly dumped it in swimming pool and light no longer works....lol. I think it was like $13. I’m not worried about it and it keeps her excited about it and wanting to fish. She loves tying jigs. She is 4 yr old now and hopefully we can get her fishing this year. I bought her a kayak yesterday at Walmart since they had them marked down but I don’t think she will get it just yet. Maybe sometime in summer. Whatever gets them and keeps them excited about it.
    Likes wannabe fisherman, S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BAFishBarn View Post
    I have a feeling she is going to lean towards the Moana or Frozen kids setups ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave336 View Post
    I let me daughter pick her first one too. She picked Disney fairies ...
    I cringe when I see kids fishing with stuff like this. Why does the fishing industry think "cheap 3-foot spincast outfit" is perfect for kids?

Sorry to be Debby Downer. I just have very strong feelings about the "kids tackle" racket.

Rant over.
    Likes windstone LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    I cringe when I see kids fishing with stuff like this. Why does the fishing industry think "cheap 3-foot spincast outfit" is perfect for kids?

Sorry to be Debby Downer. I just have very strong feelings about the "kids tackle" racket.

Rant over.
    simple, because it sells.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post

Rant over.
    Its actually not that bad of a combo. It gets their interest in fishing and is small enough they can handle it. Plus it helps with hand eye coordination. Once they show more interest then an upgrade is no big deal. And for as cheap as they are, its a no brainer for me. Even if its just fishing for the plastic fish tied on the end in the living room....lol.
    Likes ad1974, Herewego, wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it's time to start making memories!!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

She picked the Moana pole. That's fine with me because I promised she got to pick it. Which I agree, it's cheap. If she breaks it or doesnt show interest no big deal. She shows interest and ability I'll get her something better.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Herewego, ad1974, wannabe fisherman LIKED above post