Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: wylie today

Post Thanks / Like

Default wylie today

Pete and i hooked up today after dinner time and hit wylie for three hours of fishing. the wind was tough and made it hard to stay in place with the electric. the fish was not cooperative at all. we caught three fish.. one slab, one lifter and one tater chip. we drifted and trolled a bit with the electric but never got into anything appreciable .. we had a few good pulls in addition to the landed fish. water was murky, and 46 degrees. on our way in we smoked over a couple of our brush piles and found a few fish hanging on em and checked out the nuke plant discharge. a few fish there but not enough to get us excited. it wont be long before there should be some really hot action in that hole.. we figgered about the time of the nc social in a couple weeks they should be hittin pretty good. It was cold out there today and we had a hard time trying to keep in touch with our toes again...
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    Pete and i hooked up today after dinner time and hit wylie for three hours of fishing. the wind was tough and made it hard to stay in place with the electric. the fish was not cooperative at all. we caught three fish.. one slab, one lifter and one tater chip. we drifted and trolled a bit with the electric but never got into anything appreciable .. we had a few good pulls in addition to the landed fish. water was murky, and 46 degrees. on our way in we smoked over a couple of our brush piles and found a few fish hanging on em and checked out the nuke plant discharge. a few fish there but not enough to get us excited. it wont be long before there should be some really hot action in that hole.. we figgered about the time of the nc social in a couple weeks they should be hittin pretty good. It was cold out there today and we had a hard time trying to keep in touch with our toes again...
    I was kinda thinking along the same lines , or atleast hoping anyway.The nuke plant would be a perfect fit for the social as there may be a lot of folks coming and it would afford the neccessary room for such a venture.Hate ya'll had a slow day today , I think I'm gonna go this saturday night as the weather looks good.If the snow and rain dont fall again wed. night I may drop some brush one evening.I got everything on the boat I need , just need the time to get it done.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

i must say that i got outfished by rango himself......2-1. me and rango never have luck trolling (except catfish)

i still cant feel my toes after today. i do still have 10. :D

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pete
    i must say that i got outfished by rango himself......2-1. me and rango never have luck trolling (except catfish)

i still cant feel my toes after today. i do still have 10. :D
    I dint see no toes in the boat last night so i figgered they was still attached.
    Yeah yeah yeah, i know we dont seem to have any luck trolling. just wait till the spring time tho. i got the motor perfected and you gonna finally get to fill some coolers trolling (with crappie and not catfish) patience,, good things come to he who waits

Post Thanks / Like

Rango, you caught twice the number of fish as Pete?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dontcatchmany
    Rango, you caught twice the number of fish as Pete?
    I sure did DCM. I wasnt gonna say nothing about it, but since he brought it up,, Ill crow about that... cockadoodledooooooooooo