Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Geode

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Geode

Can't remember the exact spot, but if you're driving South, the highway runs through part of the lake. Shiners work great along the W bank. Sorry but it's been 5 years since I lived in Iowa and almost 7 since i've been to Geode.
    But the last few times I went I remmeber catching huge slabs.
    I used to live in the Muscatine area... which has some real nice "pits" on the South side of town... those hold great crappie and bass.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Geode & mauscatine pits

You are right about both accounts. Geode is a fine fishery, but the Crappie sizes have been somewhat stunted there as of late. Too many Yellow Bass have taken over that body of water, and are competing w/our tastey slabs for food. Unfortunately, the Bass are winning! Still decent fishing there, but better for larger Bluegill & redear.

Muscatine Sandpits - fodder of the Gods! I wish & dream & remember what it was like to fish in that Utopia! 2-3lb Gills, and Crappie in the same range! Sounds like BS you say? Trust me!! Been off limits to all but a very select few of lucky people for most of the last 3 decades. I even had pit passes for them at one time. Honestly, there are record everything swimming in those waters. It is truly a shame that fishing was banned there. Even put the local baits shops out of business.

Thanks for posting!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids