Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Muddy Water baits

Post Thanks / Like

Default Muddy Water baits

I've been crappie fishing for a while, but am guilty of only throwing a couple of colors all the time (and usually catching good numbers with them). But my question is that I've bought some Muddy Water baits and bought the Outlaw lime/chartreuse. What conditions but you throw this? Thinking dirty water but everything I've watched says gold or red in stained water. Thanks in advanced.

Post Thanks / Like

You just have to try them out to see what the want. Regardless of water conditions I always start with white and chartreuse and change it up until I find what they want.

silverside is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used a very similar color with sliders. Works great in stained water.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I fish lightly stained to dingy waters and have done just as well with green/chartreuse as with many others I've used. You get it in front of their nose and they have to really be in a funk before they'll totally ignore it ... whatever color it is.
    And the thing about finding a school of fish is that there's a good chance that not every fish in the school wants the same color.

Post Thanks / Like

I've yet to find a color that crappie won't bite - at one time or another. Start out using anything with double contrasting colors, such as black & chartreuse and then switch off to whatever else you have. Let the fish tell you what they want.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

sometimes I use bright orange , sometimes I use bright chart and white or just white , its a guess as to what is best sometimes and black and chart is also popular in turbid water ,one day bright pink was the ticket for me ….go figure
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales