Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dipping rods for baitcaster reels

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dipping rods for baitcaster reels

I love to slip bobber trees at Truman during the summer months. My long spinning rods don't give the control of line being stripped off compared to a baitcaster or flipping reel. My buddy has a 12' baitcasting rig setup that really schooled me last summer. His rod was an old Bass Pro rod that is not made any longer. I want a 12' baitcaster reel seat set up. Any ideas or preferences.Tired of him kicking my butt!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

You can use a regular jigging pole and add a baitcaster to it. My favorite is the no longer made Ryobi V-Mag baitcaster. You can still find them on EBay.
    Likes Fred39 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

My trolling rods are “designed” for spinning reels, but they’ve all got baitcasters on them. Any jig pole will work, just make sure and check how the rod balances with the baitcaster so it won’t be a pain to use all day.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Get you a 12 ft brush cutter or PST and pair with a small bait caster. I have a bunch of the old small shimanno reels sulk are to what grainraiser uses. They are small, light and indistructable.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979