Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: GPS Fishing Maps

Post Thanks / Like

Default GPS Fishing Maps

I just bought me a Lowrance LMS 480M and got it mounted on my boat. I have been looking at Map Software to buy and was wondering if anyone had any options? I am leaning toward Navoinics Entire US that contains 3000 Lakes, because I fish lakes in Illinois a lot and fish Norfork Lake in AR. Illinois and Arkansas are in different regions so getting the Entire US one gives me all the lakes I fish in one chip. Just want some people's options on which brand is the best. Which has the best detail, if any have waypoints of good fishing spots, etc. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I have Navionics Gold Premium and think it just doesn't get any better than that!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Skip, isn't the new navionics that's out now the complete US?
    A buddy just bought a new Lowrance with the update. His is from Mich. to I know Florida and parts in between. I've got the Nav. Prem. but that's just regional.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a Hotspost card and am happy with it. If you can at all go somewhere that you can see before you buy.
    The salesguy at Cabellas told me that Hotspots is geared more towards fishing and Navionics is geared more towards navigation. True or not I can't say. Maybe someone else has experience with both.
    I fish in a lake that is deceptively shallow in many spots the gps is going to be a great asset.
    Check out the Lowrance web site. They have a product emulator and some tutorials that are great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FisherMike
    Skip, isn't the new navionics that's out now the complete US?
    A buddy just bought a new Lowrance with the update. His is from Mich. to I know Florida and parts in between. I've got the Nav. Prem. but that's just regional.
    I am not totally sure as mind is just the Regional SE US which is way enough for me. As long as they have Sam Rayburn and Toledo Bend I am set. My T-Bend is a HUD map with the 1' contours. I think though you can get an update and they will give you $75 back.

I have not looked at their web page lately, but it would tell you.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering if HotSpots was more geared for fishing. Doodlesock, does your HotSpots show waypoints of the HotSpots that are marked on the paper HotSpots maps? Do you know if HotSpots sells a U.S. chip or just sell regional?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by icfish2
    I was wondering if HotSpots was more geared for fishing. Doodlesock, does your HotSpots show waypoints of the HotSpots that are marked on the paper HotSpots maps? Do you know if HotSpots sells a U.S. chip or just sell regional?
    I compared my paper map the what is on the card. Everything on the paper is on the card as far as submerged roads, timber, foundations, etc. Every fish attractor on paper was on the card as well.
    Can't say that there are more contour lines on the card but they are much easier to see because you can zoom in on an area of interest.
    I haven't seen a card that covers the whole US but you might give them a call and see.