Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LowranceNet

Post Thanks / Like

Default LowranceNet

Has anyone connected your units via the LowranceNet? If yes, can you share GPS waypoints, maps and the like? I just installed mine, it seems all I can share is the access to the GPS puck and boat speed. Am I missing something?

Post Thanks / Like

I have two units (2005 332C and 2007 27C), but cannot help right now because they use different connectors for the LowranceNet (Lowrance for the 05 and micro-c for the 07). The adapter I need to hook the two together was not available the last time I checked in February.

You should be able to share the waypoints over the net. There is a check box you need to activate in one of the menus. Maps are tied directly to a particular memory card and probably can't be shared over the net.

Currently, I have solved the issue by keeping the same data on two cards.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

This is how I got mine to share waypoints.
    Unit#1: menu,menu,system setup,comm. port, NMEA 0183 output(baud rate 9600)
    Unit#2: menu,menu,system setup,comm. port ,NMEA 0183 input(baud rate 9600)
    Both units have to be on to share way points.
    They will not share mapping cards....hope this helps...KP

Post Thanks / Like

Spoke with a Lowrance Tech on Friday. There was a bug in the latest 17M update and it was removed. In this update, waypoint sharing is included. He has since forwarded me a beta. Still having issues.

To those who can share waypoints, could you explain in detail steps? I am using NMEA2000 network.

Post Thanks / Like

What units do you have?
    I'm sharing waypoints between two 520's.
    Try going to lowrance.com, click marine,lowranceNET, then lowranceNET designer. Everything has to Tee off the back bone cable in order..KP

Post Thanks / Like

I have two LCX17M's. The network is connected correctly. I think my issue is with the current Lowrance software with the 17M's. Skinny, can you type a step by step instructions on what you do from the point of creating a waypoint to viewing the waypoint on the other unit?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if the menus selections are the same on the 520's as they are on 17's, I had to set mine up to send and recieve data using the method I posted earlier.
    Storing waypoints: Turn on both units,hit WPT twice and it shows up on both units. (that simple)
    If one of the units is not on and I store a point, I have to transfer it using the MMC card.
    If you can't get them to work email Doc at Hightech fishing he may be able to help you out.
    Sorry I'm out of options...Good luck....KP

Post Thanks / Like

Found the problem, a loose connection. What a bone head... Now it works great. Now I can use the package as I planned. I search with a Humminbird 997 side scan, mark the structure. I drive over the structure and mark it on the Lowrance 17M. I then move to the bow trolling motor and I can get back on the structure by using the waypoint. No more searching... more time fishing....

Thanks for your help!!!!