Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Who's running Humminbird 360 with...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who's running Humminbird 360 with...

Just seeing who's running their Humminbird 360 with 1100 core series units over Helix? I just purchased 360 and need to pair it with a unit. I still run core unit and have been going back and forth over upgrading to G3N Helix 10. I know Helix units have better pixel over core units. Just curious what everyone else is running with 360.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Tommy, I don’t have one but read a lot of posts on different forums. From what I have seen a lot of the guys are going back to 1100 series units for 360 resolution is not that much better for 360 on helix units and they like the size and shape of the 1100 series for 360 better. Just info I ave seen.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I still prefer my 900 series SI unit, as I've had the same unit ever since side imaging hit the markets. I know what I'm looking for/at, so I don't think better resolution, or more pixels, will benefit me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cray View Post
    Tommy, I don’t have one but read a lot of posts on different forums. From what I have seen a lot of the guys are going back to 1100 series units for 360 resolution is not that much better for 360 on helix units and they like the size and shape of the 1100 series for 360 better. Just info I ave seen.

Which forum(s)? I know Ronnie Capps still prefers the 1159 series for 360.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2268 View Post
    Thanks. I still prefer my 900 series SI unit, as I've had the same unit ever since side imaging hit the markets. I know what I'm looking for/at, so I don't think better resolution, or more pixels, will benefit me.
    Used to be a guy who posted on here quite a bit. One of the first with 360. He ran a 998 and his pictures were as good on it as I have seen posted anywhere. I’m like you, use what you are used to and figure out what you are seeing. All the adjustments will be more second nature to you.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979