Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New crapper?

wingshooter1002 Guest

Default New crapper?

im new to crappie fishing. sure i have caught them. but i never targeted them. its always been bass. there was a small pond back where i am from in nc where i used to catch the snot out of them on live minnows. my wife caught a big one recently at the kings river near the base and we threw it back. i never kept or ate one. i really want to get into crappie fishing for multiple reasons. i hear they taste great. also when the bass arent biting, i need to fish for somthing else. if you can help, please do. ie.. where to go, what kind of structure, rod, reel, lure to use, ...

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome,From out west.AZ.

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie

Welcome. Targeting crappie is very similar to bass fishing they like cover. You should be able to check at any decent bass lakes for crappie. alot of time when you find them you find a bunch of them. What lakes are close to you?
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings and Welcome. I take it that you are in the service? Where do you live. Did you say that your wife caught a crappie in the Kings River? That sounds like fun. They are good eating, put them on ice or fridge first so the meats will firm up.

Just start reading the main forum and you will start pickiing up ideas on how to fish for crappie. In the main header bar under where you sign in the is a search drop down if you want to look for any thing else.

Again Welcome to the board, a lot of good people here.
    Last edited by wrwest; 04-13-2007 at 09:26 PM.

Gonefission
    Bill