Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOZ Fishing Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ Fishing Report

Just read this fishing report posted on 4/11 at: http://www.midwestbasstournaments.co...26&report=1510

Crappie are hot! The crappie were not as affected by the cold weather as the bass. Many fish have began moving toward the banks. A bunch of 11 inchers have been showing up. Blakemore Crappie Thunder and Road Runners, Southern Pro tubes. All with some form of Chartreuse are producing well as are a red firetail. Minnows under a float are beginning to rival the imitation baits and will probably overtake by the weekend.

Anyone buying it? Sales pitch?

"Jackpot"
    Mike
    Webmaster for: http://www.slabbuster.com and other fine sites.

Post Thanks / Like

Default May be true...

The fishing report at www.lakesunleader.com reads very similar and they have an article about crappie fishing, too. The weather this weekend sounds a little rough but I'm hoping they're in full-swing a week from now.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Yea right...sounds like a pitch to me....next weekend i would have to agree...
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a used crappie salesman to me they are not biting down south I talked to several and all the same not biting did 2wks. ago but quit. I doubt they are biting or the reports would be better huh.?

Post Thanks / Like

Watch that dude that wrote that crappie report, he might have a MO oil well to sell???? On the upper end of the Niangua arm, the water temp is running 51-52 degrees on our dock and a few will hit, but mostly culls. Need about 10 more degrees then things should be good.
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

Bait shops must have a lot of minnows to sell before they die on them. Ever notice that the fish are always biting according to bait shops?

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mark lo
    Watch that dude that wrote that crappie report, he might have a MO oil well to sell???? On the upper end of the Niangua arm, the water temp is running 51-52 degrees on our dock and a few will hit, but mostly culls. Need about 10 more degrees then things should be good.
    Are the walleye doin anything up your way?

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Bugman,

Not sure, have heard that they are good up the river past Ha Ha Tonka, but I haven't been there. A guy caught a 32" 12 1/2 pounder off the dock last week, but that doesn't happen often. If I hear more, will post it.
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

WOW....thats a good-un....thanks for the update Mark....keep em comin.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

I've fished LOZ the last 2 days on the lower end (MM 12 to 4)....the males are really wanting to get on the banks. It's been spotty, but we've seen several males in about 18" of water on beds. 2 of us have managed to scratch out limits fishing jigs about 1' under bobbers anywere from about 2' of water to about 6'. Unfortunately (Ha Ha Ha) we're headed to KS for a few days of turkey hunting and won't be back until Tuesday....we're going to miss some red hot fishing. So, good luck!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast