Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Spring Fling

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Spring Fling

Well March is finally here and along with late February comes all the last minute viral complications in life . So the kid gets ill to beat the band with a new virus that lasts 7 to 10 days and mimics the flu but lasts longer .Then the wife gets a 2 day bug that is just flat nasty as heck and then finally a week later I get the 2 day virus that makes you want to cry as well . Oh lets not stop there why not let the wife get the regular flu all this last week and maybe ole Ketchn can just go on a never ending month long no ketchn vacation !
    My wife was finally a little better yesterday enough that I slipped out to Ez's slip for a few hours thank goodness, you see one of the men I met there has been blowing up my phone with stringers of crappie this last week saying they are thick under the dock and asking when I was going to return .
    Anyway the start was slow but it ramped up well late morning and I left to go home nefore lunch .Ez was on them and so was I and we had a pretty good time . Mind you I was there to kill 2 birds with one stone and wanted to play "VIDEO" crappie ketchn with his new panoptics thingee he rigged portable to use on the dock . The lithium batteries he needed didn't show and I didn't get to try some pac man ketchn but to be sure I bet its gunna be interesting as heck.
    Anyway the particulars on the fish went like this , close to the bottom and several bit really hard and most had the jig down good in the mouth . 14 to 20 foot of water on cover in most cases and the largest fish I hooked bought jerked the pole out my hand while we were shooting the breeze before I left .Man did bertha mean business ….
    the females are swollen up big and the vents look ready and the males fish are getting some dark fins on them . Released all the fish we caught and had a great time even though it was pretty cold and unpleasant weather .
    Ed said you ketched the littlest one and I said yep and I think the biggest and lots of inbetweenies to ….
    stay tuned yawl and for sure KABOOM
    Attached Images Attached Images               
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome report! Thanks!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Good report. Hopefully your family and you are done with the nasties. Nice stringer!

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice report, glad your house is getting well!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It won't be that much longer before we will be wishing for those cold days back. And yes, one of these days we will get to see the Live Scope System in action on the docks.

If the weather allows and you can make it, it should be this coming Wednesday. I am going to hook it up to a regular battery and use a wagon to tote it around the slips until I get a Lithium battery. Should have already done this but I didn't realize the Lithium 12 v 10 mh batteries would be impossible to find around the DFW area. I didn't want to wait 10 business days to have one delivered to me but it looks as if I don't have a choice.

I've called marine supply stores, sporting good stores, motorcycle shops, BPS and went to Battery +, nobody stocks them. If anybody knows of a DFW source that stocks them please let me know.

I will probably order one tomorrow from Walmart as they promise the shortest delivery time.

Post Thanks / Like

Great catch. I can't wait for the spring fling around here. Will be a while yet though, so I am thankful for you sharing your pics and story in the meantime.
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

truth be told, the SPRING FLING IS AT HOLMES BEND MARINA MAY 4th GREEN RIVER LAKE KY check the thread on the Ky form. Oh by the way that's a great bunch of fish you've got there!
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 03-03-2019 at 06:17 PM.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch and report.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    It's not the numbers or the size, it's the time spent on the water!

Post Thanks / Like

Great pictures and report!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe fisherman View Post
    truth be told, the SPRING FLING IS AT HOLMES BEND MARINA MAY 4th GREEN RIVER LAKE KY check the thread on the Ky form. Oh by the way that's a great bunch of fish you've got there!
    thanks for the correction CP my mind wasn't working, said it needed a vacation
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast