Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crappie masters boats

dawgdaze Guest

Default crappie masters boats

I also posted this in the Georgia section, since this is where I live. Does anyone know of any crappie masters boats out there for sale? I have heard they no longer make these boats.

Post Thanks / Like

The Crappie Master boat I believe became the Herrington boat, and I haven't seen them advertised lately either. Not sure if they are still in business.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Herrington/BassMaster/CrappieMaster

Herrington was the parent company and they made the Bass Master boats. Wasn't selling very many boats due to very strong competition and decided to diversify. They changed their boat line to the Crappie Master boats, but closed their doors late in 2003. The Crappie Master line of boats were focused around an 18' hull. The older Bass Master hull was the 20'. The boys that I bought this boat off of won it in the 2002 NACA Classic. Went to the factory and saw this 20' hull. Paid the difference for the bigger boat and had them deck it out especially for crappie fishing (extra long rod box and extra large front livewell mostly). So, if I've got my story right and I've been told correctly, I have the last 20' Herrington hull ever made, so that makes it a BassMaster/CrappieMaster hybrid, I guess. Nice boat. Weight to width ratio seems to be just right making it a very stable platform. I've had it up to very high speeds and it doesn't walk or chine.

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=3830
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

dawgdaze Guest

No way I can afford that nice of a boat. I am looking for a used one. The ones I have seen were around 16-17 feet. I saw one a few months ago for about 10,000 but was not in a situation to afford it at the time. I'll keep looking. Never know what is going to show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Morris
    Herrington was the parent company and they made the Bass Master boats. Wasn't selling very many boats due to very strong competition and decided to diversify. They changed their boat line to the Crappie Master boats, but closed their doors late in 2003. The Crappie Master line of boats were focused around an 18' hull. The older Bass Master hull was the 20'. The boys that I bought this boat off of won it in the 2002 NACA Classic. Went to the factory and saw this 20' hull. Paid the difference for the bigger boat and had them deck it out especially for crappie fishing (extra long rod box and extra large front livewell mostly). So, if I've got my story right and I've been told correctly, I have the last 20' Herrington hull ever made, so that makes it a BassMaster/CrappieMaster hybrid, I guess. Nice boat. Weight to width ratio seems to be just right making it a very stable platform. I've had it up to very high speeds and it doesn't walk or chine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dawgdaze
    No way I can afford that nice of a boat. I am looking for a used one. The ones I have seen were around 16-17 feet. I saw one a few months ago for about 10,000 but was not in a situation to afford it at the time. I'll keep looking. Never know what is going to show up.
    Brother, that is a used one, with all the works plus some that I've added. Catches crappie too. lol
    Darryl Morris

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass Master Boats

The Bass Master company, owned by a man by the name of JimBob had been in business for a very long time. They made the [Crappie Master] which is a 17' crappie boat. I bought mine from him in 1995 and it has been a very good boat. Still looks like new.
    He sold the company to a fellow [Don't remember the name] and after some time selling the Bass Master line he decided to change the name to "Herrington Boats". The factory is located at the upper end of Herrington lake and he thought this would give the boat more recognition.
    Apparently this did not work out and JimBob took the company back last year.
    I was at the plant in August and talked to JimBob and he was making the
    Bass MAster line of boats again. As far as I know he is still making the Crappie Master boat. He had 1 or 2 when I was there.
    He is located in Garrard County and probably has a Lancaster, Ky. address.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Morris

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    The Bass Master company, owned by a man by the name of JimBob had been in business for a very long time. They made the [Crappie Master] which is a 17' crappie boat. I bought mine from him in 1995 and it has been a very good boat. Still looks like new.
    He sold the company to a fellow [Don't remember the name] and after some time selling the Bass Master line he decided to change the name to "Herrington Boats". The factory is located at the upper end of Herrington lake and he thought this would give the boat more recognition.
    Apparently this did not work out and JimBob took the company back last year.
    I was at the plant in August and talked to JimBob and he was making the
    Bass MAster line of boats again. As far as I know he is still making the Crappie Master boat. He had 1 or 2 when I was there.
    He is located in Garrard County and probably has a Lancaster, Ky. address.
    Joe

This is good to hear. Thanks, Joe! I was wanting to get a custom cover for my boat and still might if it doesn't sell.
    Darryl Morris

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dawgdaze
    I also posted this in the Georgia section, since this is where I live. Does anyone know of any crappie masters boats out there for sale? I have heard they no longer make these boats.
    THere is a 2004 leftover 16 ft crappie master boat for sale on Boat Trader Online.
    Here is a link below - I don't know if it goes to the boat or just to the web site.
    If it takes you to the home page, just do a search by typing in 'crappie master' (exact phrase box) in the 'keyword' window and search.
    Under 10.000 with trolling motor and electronics - 50hp merc.

http://www.boattraderonline.com/adse...chprocess.html

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb the sad truth of the matter is ...

Jim Bryant has been making boats for years .... starting with Jay Bee boats (JB for Jim Bryant) - then changing to BassMaster - then changing to CrappieMaster - then changing to Herrington Boats. The boats seem to be decent in design and concept (esp the dual seating arrangement) ... it's just a tough market, and Jim has suffered several bankruptcies with his various boat building businesses. He also runs a small camp & launch facilities at Herrington Lake (central KY), and a "used car part" business (or, at least he did last time I was down that way).
    Jim's boats have always been a little on the "heavy" side, even for fiberglass boats ... so any boat of his, without the max HP, "could" be more of a "water plow" than a "glitter rocket". (this is just IMHO, as I have never owned nor rode in one).

If you like the "concept" of dual fishing seats in the front/back of the boat ... consider the Gotchagear dual seat adaptor. These can be seen/purchased from Patrick Vowell's website - www.gotchagear.com - or Patrick can be contacted by e-mail at ..... [email protected] .... Patrick is a Crappie.com member and previous Sponsor of the Crappie tournaments we run. .....................cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hp

You are right about the HP. But on the other hand a lot of people make a mistake [in my opinion] on all kinds of boats by under powering. I see this
    a lot on the Trackers. I run a 115 on my Crappie Master. It will run out at about 52 but I usually only run about 3000 rpm for fuel economy. Boat handles rough water well and it has helped me catch a few thousand crappie.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    Jim Bryant has been making boats for years .... starting with Jay Bee boats (JB for Jim Bryant) - then changing to BassMaster - then changing to CrappieMaster - then changing to Herrington Boats. The boats seem to be decent in design and concept (esp the dual seating arrangement) ... it's just a tough market, and Jim has suffered several bankruptcies with his various boat building businesses. He also runs a small camp & launch facilities at Herrington Lake (central KY), and a "used car part" business (or, at least he did last time I was down that way).
    Jim's boats have always been a little on the "heavy" side, even for fiberglass boats ... so any boat of his, without the max HP, "could" be more of a "water plow" than a "glitter rocket". (this is just IMHO, as I have never owned nor rode in one).

If you like the "concept" of dual fishing seats in the front/back of the boat ... consider the Gotchagear dual seat adaptor. These can be seen/purchased from Patrick Vowell's website - www.gotchagear.com - or Patrick can be contacted by e-mail at ..... [email protected] .... Patrick is a Crappie.com member and previous Sponsor of the Crappie tournaments we run. .....................cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast