HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flooding issues on the TN River

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Flooding issues on the TN River

As most of you know, the middle of the country is experiencing severe issues with flooding. The TN River forms such lakes as Chickamauga, Wheeler, Pickwick and Kentucky. With extreme rains, all the lakes are filling up to well over summer pool levels. It would be great if they TVA or Corps of Engineers (Barkley Dam and Lake) could just kick the gates open and let all that water run thru but the Mississippi, TN, Cumberland and Ohio Rivers are all flooded too. There is a game of guesswork going on as to how much to release and how high they can let the lakes go.

MY buddy, Shawn Dunnaway of ExploreKYLake.com, filmed this at KY Dam yesterday as they were starting to close gates and let KY and Barkley Lakes fill up. These lakes are on different rivers (Barkley is on Cumberland River) but are connected by a mile long canal so the levels are pretty much the same.

YouTube
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Pickwick looks the same Doug. 3.6 million gallons a second. My neighbor behind me is on an island as we have a creek that backs in from the river behind us. We or both on a hill, but they are using a small boat and parking up by us. There is water every where here in Savannah Tn. as the river has been out the banks for a few days. Appears it might have peaked at 395.33 ft, but will take days to recede. Lots of homes,roads and businesses flooded.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

I was at Guntersville Lake on Sunday and it's getting quite full too. My dad has lived down there for almost 30 years and never seen it as high as it is on the upper end. The boat houses on the upper end have 1-2' of water above their docks.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think these rivers will have a chance to recover before the major thaws up further north start pushing even more water south?

Post Thanks / Like

Selfishly, I want to fish. However, there are so many that have REAL problems associated with the flooding.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
    Likes kycreek, GREENFISH LIKED above post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    Do you think these rivers will have a chance to recover before the major thaws up further north start pushing even more water south?
    Our local news is consumed by this and nobody seems to be able to estimate when the rivers will be able to start back down from major flood stage. Any new forecast of rain is going to change everything. I would say those now affected along the Mississippi and its tributaries are going to have misery for weeks to come.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

All of Ohio basin and Upper Mississippi is already high and in places lowland flooding due to past rains. Here in Indiana most of our lakes are super high as they aren’t letting out and still holding. We don’t need any more rain.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"
    Likes Billbob, Chance LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland lake is at a record level. They have all of the flood gates open and the turbines pumping as hard as they can. Think they are going to wash the streets of Nashville but hopefully that's all they do. They are not gaining any on the lake either. Cumberland river will be jacked for a while.

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

A few pics from my yard(it got about 2 ft deeper and covered the road in the first pic.), looking north from the bridge at Savannah Tn. and the Pickwick dam. 3.6 million gallons a second. Doug, sorry but we sending it your way. Being originally from south Louisiana, I can say the Mississippi river will be up until at least June. Ruins a lot of good fishing.
    Name:  20190224_102459.jpg
Views: 1635
Size:  214.6 KBName:  20190224_082013.jpg
Views: 1653
Size:  167.6 KBName:  20190224_082118 (1).jpg
Views: 1624
Size:  198.2 KBName:  20190222_133025.jpg
Views: 1695
Size:  112.0 KBName:  20190221_133926.jpg
Views: 1608
Size:  58.0 KBName:  20190221_133930.jpg
Views: 1910
Size:  72.3 KB
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both
    Likes 1187mg, Cane Pole, GREENFISH LIKED above post

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel for all those who are having their homes and places of work flooded. I saw a lot of that the years I lived in S. Louisiana.
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast