Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need some battery info

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need some battery info

I'm going to run an Onix 10 and two 1199's on their own dedicated battery, having a little trouble deciding what battery will do best. Any of ya'll running a similar setup and could steer me in the right direction on what batteries you run? Size, cranking or deep cycle? Brand? Thanks in advance for any help!

Post Thanks / Like

I would run a group 27 or larger, minimum weight penalty over a smaller battery for the increased capacity.
    Definitely run a deep cycle as that is designed for the constant amp pull to a lower level than the starting type batteries.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vfourmax View Post
    I would run a group 27 or larger, minimum weight penalty over a smaller battery for the increased capacity.
    Definitely run a deep cycle as that is designed for the constant amp pull to a lower level than the starting type batteries.
    I'd go with him, glass mat would be even lighter. A bit more pricey, keep it charged will give you lots of service. I run three batteries two for T/M, other for boat and motor. They are Delco Voyager. I work at a GM dealership so I can get them at cost. I also have a HB on board charger, plug it in when I get home. Stays on charger, keep an eye on water level.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    dave
    in currituck

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am currently using six batteries, one for the main engine, three for trolling motor, two for fish finders, I buy the largest battery I can fit into the battery storage spaces. I am in the process of switching over to AGM batteries, given the five year full replacement warranty offered. When you consider the cost divided by the warranty period the cost per year is less than the cheaper batteries with shorter warranty periods.

And yes, they are heavy.

As for type of battery that depends on how long you are on the water each trip and how you operate. Deep cycle is best if you spend long hours on the water, mainly using your trolling motor instead of main motor. I assume your fish finders are on all the time you are in the boat, I know mine are.