Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Can't get notifications to work on Garmin echomap plus

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can't get notifications to work on Garmin echomap plus

I can't get my phone to pair so I can get notifications. As the picture shows I am connected through that Garmin active captain app and everything works except for the notifications. I contacted Garmin support today and they thought maybe I needed to add permissions for the app but it has all permissions. I have Bluetooth on and I cannot think of anything else that's preventing it from connecting. Any ideas? I also have the notifications page open on the fishfinder when I'm trying to connect.Name:  IMG_20190220_193634763.jpeg
Views: 250
Size:  94.8 KB

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The cell phone company may not be allowing the pairing. I know that T-Mobile blocks pairings on some of it's plans.

Post Thanks / Like

The cell phone bluetooth needs to be on, and in "discoverable" mode, to pair it. This is in settings menu on phone somewhere. Then you must use the "Active Captain" app to pair, not the cell phone menu. This is different from how you pair the bluetooth to your car, for example.

Bluetooth is a function on the phone, and is not related to cell service or plan. I can use bluetooth fine for music even with no cell signal in the boonies. The Garmin bluetooth notification feature requires the AC application, and will not work without it. You may need to give the AC app "permission" to use bluetooth, depending on phone model. Check permissions.

I don't really want notifications, and don't want to have the AC app on all the time, so I disabled the feature.
    "Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to give an update on this. I have a Motorola g6 phone. I found out they are working on a fix for the new Motorolas and Google pixle phones.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk