Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Catalog/source for crappie YUM! and Culprit Baits?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Catalog/source for crappie YUM! and Culprit Baits?

Anybody know where I can order both? Up here in the north, we don't have a lot of crappie tackle to choose from at the local stores, and I can't find what I want in the Cabela's or Bass Pro catalogs, specifically YUM wooly beavertails and grubs in the crappie sizes, and the culprit grubs and wave-fin plastics in crappie sizes. I want to order several color combos of each, and would like to try to find one place to get them, and possibly other crappie specific gear if possible. Thanks in advance if anyone can offer any info.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know where, but I do know who can help you out with the Yum Beaver Tails. He is their Pro Staff - Todd Huckabee 405-895-6387. Tell him the Tim Fahrenkrog directed you to him if you would. He is a great guy, and excellent fisherman.

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bart, I was going to post the link, but I had to get back to my office to get the address.

BTW Indy, I do have some of the smaller, hard to find 2" Beaver tails in bulk. I only have a couple colors though - Black/Chart, red/White, and Red/Neon Yellow (I dyed these tail ends myself). I got them from Ebay, and will sell you some cheap if you want any of them. Let me know.

<,"}/>{ Rippa

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the site you fishers want www.lurenet.com Got my order in yesterday and they look good! <*)}}}><
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 02-01-2005 at 06:56 PM. Reason: link correction
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default Culprit Crappie Baits

Travis, The Crappie Baits from Culprit is relatively new, and has not made available to Cabela's and Bass Pro at press time. Go to their link at the top of this page to order online, or call Culprit at (407) 656-6133. And be sure to thank Culprit for being a sponsor for Crappie.com! If you still have problems getting your orders to them, pm me and I'll help you get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy-Travis
    Anybody know where I can order both? Up here in the north, we don't have a lot of crappie tackle to choose from at the local stores, and I can't find what I want in the Cabela's or Bass Pro catalogs, specifically YUM wooly beavertails and grubs in the crappie sizes, and the culprit grubs and wave-fin plastics in crappie sizes. I want to order several color combos of each, and would like to try to find one place to get them, and possibly other crappie specific gear if possible. Thanks in advance if anyone can offer any info.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys using the beaver tails, are the 2" better than the 1.5"?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Indy-Travis
    You guys using the beaver tails, are the 2" better than the 1.5"?
    According to Todd H. it depends on the size of the baitfish, hence, what season it is.

Todd H. introduced these to me at a tourny last Fall. He swears by the 2" size during Spring and Fall. BTW, He currently has an article about using these Beavertails in this month's issue of Crapie World. He carries both sizes and reccomends using the smaller ones in Summer to match the common size of the existing baitfish.

I just have the 3 different colors(tons of them) in the smaller size, and the Black & Pink(Todd's favorite) ones in the larger size. I'd like to get a few more colors in these, especially in the 1 1/2 size. I haven't been able to locate the smaller sized ones locally. If you know of some place, please let me know.

<,"}/>{ Rippa