Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Humminbird

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird

Thinking about upgrading my Lowrance Elite 7 DI to a newer Humminbird unit and I was wondering is the generation 3 worth the price over the generation 2? Never owned or operated a side imaging graph either but I'm thinking of getting one that has side and down imaging.
    Or is there any other suggestions of brands??

Thanks
    Last edited by Bigby; 02-20-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought Hummingbird units when I ordered my new boat in 2016. Side scan at the console, down scan at the bow. I am not unhappy with the side scan, but there is a learning curve. I spend most of my time fishing piles and spots that I already know. I know if I had to do it all over, I would have to think real hard about the the need for side scan. When I do go graphing, I find I use down scan more than side, as I am graphing points, humps etc. This probably wasn't much help, but just another's experience.

Don
    Likes halibut4me LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Just go to the Garmin Panoptix LiveScope and be done, Brian!

Likes BarryG, peculiarmike, Charlie365, hambandit LIKED above post

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m a Hummingbird 10 mega g2 SI user the clarity of that unit is amazing I have found many stumps/brush piles etc and schools of fish with the Si that I wouldn’t ever found with di ! Not sure how the gen 3 could be much that much better.

Post Thanks / Like

My vote would be with Joedog Garmin. Have yet to put my eyes on one on the water but the people I know with one are impressed.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that Garmin Livescope is pretty wild!
    I'm just getting into trolling crankbaits and I could see where side scan would be great at finding bait and fish out to the side of the boat.
    Likes Charlie365 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I like my G2 Helix 7SI on the console but I also have an older Echomap up front. If I was getting a new one it would be Garmin Echomap Plus 9SV

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If I were buying one I think I would get the lowrance live and then you can get the livesight once it comes out this spring. The way humminbird does things I'm betting their livescope version won't be compatible with the gen 3 so you would have to purchase a whole new unit if/when they come out with one.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have been wondering the same thing about the g2 vs g3's however there is a pretty big difference in the price. I am also getting ready to replace a Lowrance unit on the console. A couple of years ago I put a helix unit up front and the DI does a better job identifying the brush than the old Lowrance hook does.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cjones View Post
    If I were buying one I think I would get the lowrance live and then you can get the livesight once it comes out this spring. The way humminbird does things I'm betting their livescope version won't be compatible with the gen 3 so you would have to purchase a whole new unit if/when they come out with one.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    Didn't know anything about the Lowrance Livesight, there's so many choices. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast