Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minn Kota Customer Service Suc**

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Minn Kota Customer Service Suc**

Sorry, but I need to vent my anger. :o So here it goes !!

I purchased a quick release bow motor mount for my All-terrain trolling motor. Here is the problem. I purchased it 8 or so months ago at Galyan's Sporting Store. Now it is Dick's. Well the MKA-8 was missing four bolts that fit onto the trolling motor. I paid, $29.95 plus tax, for the mount. I email Minn Kota and ask for some help on this problem. They responded back to me it would cost me $15.00 plus shipping for the four bolts. :o I feel I have already paid for the bolts once, why should I pay again.

What Should I do??? The mount is no good without the four bolts

Please advise

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Go to a dealer who handles MinnKota. See if they have the same mount in stock. Then you've got two options. Either explain your situation and see if they'll put the parts you need and return their stock to the vendor as defective. Or, purchase the mount and find out if you can return it if it doesn't fit. Keep the parts you need and return it for your money back because it didn't work and also because it is defective due to missing parts. Sometimes, you just got to find a different way to skin that cat. Either way it goes, MinnKota had a mount with missing bolts and they'll get a mount back with missing bolt.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Ok, I must take back what i said, There Customer Service just sent me an email saying they would send me the four bolts. I spoke to soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always had good luck with MK's service dept. Your beef should have been with the shop you bought it. Parts were probably pilfered there.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good News

Hi:

Glad to hear that they took care of the problem. When you get that installed let us know how it works? OK? I have an 55lb thrust All Terrain Min-Kota trolling motor 2004 model and I would like to know if your quick mount would work on my boat too.

Quote Originally Posted by edwalden444
    Ok, I must take back what i said, There Customer Service just sent me an email saying they would send me the four bolts. I spoke to soon.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

I have had very good service from Minn Kota - both on warranty work and on replacing worn parts - even scrounged up some bushings for me for an old mount that I didn't even have a model number for. I have a nearly 3-year-old Maxum 65 with literally thousands of hours on it and it's still going strong.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    I have had very good service from Minn Kota - both on warranty work and on replacing worn parts - even scrounged up some bushings for me for an old mount that I didn't even have a model number for. I have a nearly 3-year-old Maxum 65 with literally thousands of hours on it and it's still going strong.
    I echo what Jerry said. I've had nothing but top notch service from MK. IN fact, I was alarmed when I saw the topic of this post because I didn't see how it could be so.

Glad to see the problem was recitfied!
    'Carpe Diem' does not mean "fish of the day."

Post Thanks / Like

I've had several MK over the years and have to agree when I've had a problem have always gotten excellant response from them. Had a hand control unit that handle got busted off by wave action and tree I was tied up to. They priced replacement parts for a unit that was no longer made and also told me about a source that had parts salvaged off used TM.

Wish I had MK on my current boat...nothing really wrong with MG just set in my ways.

I do have a Minn Kota 765 MXT 38# thrust trolling motor for sale. Has continous variable speed control. Asking $150.00 plus shipping cost. This came off old boat I salvaged out. Not enough thrust for current boat.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shellback

I saw your post about Minn Kota but what really got my attention was your name...Shellback. I assume that you are one since you were on the Forrestal. Well, I am one also. I crossed over from the Polywog state to a Shellback back in May of 1973 aboard the USS Ranger CVA61. We were on the way back from a Westpack tour in the lovely Tonkin Gulf and decided to go to Singapore and cross the equator on the way back. For those of you that don't know, you become a shellback when you cross the equator and go through the time honored initiation that makes you a shellback. Once in a lifetime opportunity! Good luck to you in your fishing.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shellbacks and Pollywogs

Hello Scales! Yes in deed I'm a Shellback by your definition. Crossed the line on the Forrestal in June of 67. I use the screen name and signature hoping other Navy men will chime in such as you did. You will notice that's there's a few Navy men by their signatures here on crappie.com. They might be lowly pollywogs, but I try not to hold it against them. LOL! This is a great site here, and a great bunch of guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast