Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bubba Electric Knife question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bubba Electric Knife question

Hi All - Question - has anyone use one of these knives yet? I use other Bubba knives to process game and large fish and they are great but I just saw this knife on their site for the first time. I have posted on this sight in the past regarding us using the Black and Decker knife from Walmart with decent success with the only knock against them is that they have plastic gears and will fail from time to time under heavy use. But they only cost around $10 so are a good value. Only reason I would consider the Bubba Electric Knife is for the slip resistant feature of the handle if the knife is built solid and the blades are top notch at a $125 a piece. I would appreciate any feed back. Thanks! Specseeker
    Last edited by "D"; 02-23-2019 at 12:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

$125 would buy quite a few of the $10 black and deckers! My dad still is still using his 30 year old black and decker and I would hate to guess how many fish it’s cleaned. They do look good, but it would be hard for me to justify buying one at that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Blackhawk19, cva34, Stainless LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

My wife bought me a rapala electric knife a few years back. I believe she paid about 40 bucks for it. I checked online and they sell for 44 bucks now. It has served me well and still going strong. I can get replacement blades at Wal-Mart.

Sent from my LML212VL using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

$10 black and deckers are all I've used for years!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team
    Likes Dollfly LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I actually have the black and decker but just got the electric bubba blade! Haven’t got to test it yet due to high waters but it looks, feels and sounds like a beast! I’ve never ran an American Angler so can’t really compare to the top end.

Post Thanks / Like

Saw the Bubba today at academy for $99

Post Thanks / Like

The best setup that we used in the past was the Mister Twister Piranah blue and white knife and the Cuda Blades until they stopped selling the blades. Seems that there was some sort of patent infringement on the blade. The knives are powerful and durable as the gears are metal and not plastic. The blades could not be sharpened so when the last ones dulled out we tried the American Angler and didn’t see the value and that’s why we went back to the BD’s from Walmart. Slabseeker would appreciate to know how you like it after you get the chance to use it. Also I tried to find the specs on the Bubba knife to see if the gears are metal but couldn’t find the info. Does the paperwork in the package have a spec sheet that has the info? Thanks Specseeker
    Likes fishbaskett LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Black and Decker for me. I’ve had the current one for going on 5 years now, so even if it craps out tomorrow and a new repeats the same time frame I can be in knives for 50 years before I make up the cost of the bubba. Im sure the bubba is an awesome knife, but I just can’t justify the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Luvfatslabs is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Black and Decker since 2010 and still going strong
    Good luck and good fishing

Post Thanks / Like

My guess ya buying the NAME... that extra 50 bucks it cost is for BUBBA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast