Likes Likes:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Offset seat posts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Offset seat posts

Has anyone used or sat in seats with the 5" offset posts? I am making a double seat rack and the offset post would make it smaller and simpler. I didn't know how they would work or if the 5" put too much leverage on the sockets.
    Thanks crappiestlkr thanked you for this post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've used one for decades, but have never used one in a double seat setup. I now have a Dub-L-Seat setup for my boat, but haven't used it yet. I'd check on the "leverage" aspect for you, but my boat is in storage (2hrs away) and my offset seat post is in the boat, while my double seat setup & boat seats are here at my place.

I've used my offset seat post in a 1550 Glasstream, 17' Tracker TX, and my current boat (16' Procraft ProBass) and never had any problems with the leverage weakening the floor mounts.

Zman is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you would show pictures when your done please

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    If you would show pictures when your done please

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I'm still working on the design but I will let you know when I finish.

Post Thanks / Like

I needed more room in the back of my boat so I made a simple offset in my back seat. I gained 5 inches of knee clearance. I think these will show you how I did it. Pretty simple. You could do the same thing only putting your offset to opposite sides for right and left seats. Everything would still line up correctly and would allow you to have your frame about 10 inches narrower. By doing it the way I did I am still using one set of bolts through my seat base and seat frame. Really no way for it to bend this way. Not sure what type of seats you are using, this one is a Millennium, but it shouldn’t matter.
    Attached Images Attached Images