Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bow mount trolling motor

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bow mount trolling motor

Not sure if this the right spot but looking for opinions. Trying to decide on a bow mount for my grizzly , im looking for opinions on foot control or hand. Which do some of you guys prefer.

Post Thanks / Like

Foot control. Cable over electric, but electric gives you the option of Ipilot, unless you spend big money on an Ultrex.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

First thing is how big a boat and how do you primarily fish? Makes a big difference.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by #anyfishwilldo View Post
    Not sure if this the right spot but looking for opinions. Trying to decide on a bow mount for my grizzly , im looking for opinions on foot control or hand. Which do some of you guys prefer.
    If you're asking between a foot control and a manual hand control (& not a remote control) trolling motor .... and you have room for the foot pedal ... I'd say go with the foot control, as that would leave both hands free at all times. But that could also depend on how you intend to fish, as in what methods you will use and whether or not one or the other type of trolling motor would benefit or hinder you in that method.