Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duckworths Crappie Fishing Tactics?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Duckworths Crappie Fishing Tactics?

Anyone have this book and if so what do you think of it? I have most of Huffman's books and while I think some have some good info some are just a re-hash. I have ordered 5 Duckworths DVD's but still in the mail I guess, will let you know what I think of those. Wind is just too high to go fishing so have to read or view it for now. Also Grizzly Fishin', don't have that one either.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Steve J let me know what you think about them once you get them and watch them. I've been wanting to order 5 myself out of Crappie World magazine.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I had a chance to chat with Jim Duckworth during the sportsman show here in Knoxville awhile back...told him I had purchased every one of his videos...although I learned some new tricks, 90% of the info on them I already knew...he chuckled and told me that his videos are not made for seasoned fishermen.....

Bushrod

Post Thanks / Like

I got his bluegill video -- nothing on there I didn't learn when I was 12.

Got "Grizzly Fishin", too. Not much new in there, either -- it's mostly about fishing Reelfoot.

One of these days I'm gonna stop buying fishing books, mags and videos and spend the money on tackle or bait instead.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a bunch back when bps marked the vhs ones down to 88 cents. Some i liked better than others did not like the trolling one at all. Anybody know about the midwest series i was gonna get those.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few, might know the what he's doing already but good to watch when the weather is bad for fishing. i call it a refresher course

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Kinser
    I have a few, might know the what he's doing already but good to watch when the weather is bad for fishing. i call it a refresher course
    My thinking too. The wind has been so bad I'm getting withdrawal pains. I think I have been thru my Crappie World mags too many times already.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i git more information here than a book . most books are informatiom in serton aeras . insted of buying books i will send the money to Ed to improve the site . or keep it up . when i can`t fish on those wendy dayes i will go on line and read post from differen`t parts of the coumtry . mainley in my home state . the weather stayes good enough to fish mostley year round . crappie can be cought year round to .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Got my Duckworth DVD's and have watch 3 so far, Spider Rigging, Trolling for Crappie and Shallow Water Crappie. As mentioned earlier not a lot of new info in them but much more entertaining than the ones I have from BPS. Shallow Water Crappie had the least interest for me as I don't care for fishing with a cork or to much for casting to shallow fish. Still have Deep Water Crappie, my favorite place to fish, and Monster Crappie to view yet. Will pass on about them later. He had some front TM trolling, side pulling and big motor trolling too. Was trolling Bandits on both long lines and with the heavy weights at the same time but did not catch a fish on the weighted lines. Not hi-tech productions but more down to earth good old boy stuff, good for those windy days which seems to be every day lately. I have enjoyed them so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Viewed the other 2 and again not much new info for a seasoned fisherperson but did learn at least 1 new thing. The Kentucky rig that the guy in his boat was using is a double lure drop shot rig or so it seemed, jigs tied directly to the line, no loops, above the weight. All I had ever read about used loop knots. I will say one thing that guy can build a battleship of a jon boat. If I remember correctly he was on Percy Priest for all but the Monster Crappie DVD, on Kentucky, and looks like a 11" fish is a big one there or was when he did the videos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast