Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Night time boat ramp at Reelfoot?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night time boat ramp at Reelfoot?

All of the ramps I normally use are posted dawn to dusk use only closed after dark. Any one got any idea where to put in at night? I was thinking maybe at Champys' pocket or the north end can't remember seeing any signs there.
    KW

Post Thanks / Like

We put in at Grays 24/7
    "Dats.........uhh......NO-ICE.........FUSH!"

-Al Linder

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    KW

Post Thanks / Like

The only ramp I can think of is Keystone, but I fished out of there late into the night and been there early early in the morning and never seen it locked. I can't even think of a ramp that closes except privete ramps.

Just a tip....at reelfoot for some reason at Reelfoot the boat ramps attract snakes at night. and the big ones come out at night.

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

If there is no problem with staying late I would rather just leave out of Kirbys' pocket. It seems like I am always the last to pull out of the water, I assumed it was because there was some enforcement of the dawn to dusk signs i see at all the ramps.
    KW

Crappie Xtreme is offline Moderator Illinois Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey dogboy, I have been at Kirbys Pocket right at dusk and there was a CPO there ready to close the gate and lock it. When they say dark they mean dark so I would not chance it. The only one that I can remember ever seeing with a gate is Kirbys but I can't be sure. That is the one I have used the most. I know there is one at Boes landing but I don't know what they would say for using it if you were not staying there. Also I remember one as you are heading into Tiptonville from Boyettes but I can't remember the name of it. I know it is a state ramp also and I don't remember seeing a gate there.
    Good luck.

Crappie X.
    IL board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Thank's a lot, I'll take a mid day drive and see if I can find any that are not posted
    KW