Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: AND i remain stupid .....lucky

Post Thanks / Like

Default AND i remain stupid .....lucky

now mind ya some might say never mind the lucky part
    but none the less I have a tendency to stumble into some luck at times , not all the time but quite frequently I seem to be in the right place at the right time .
    So I gather a couple of eggs from the girls Saturday morning and get some smoked venison sausage out and cook me up some French toast and sausage and get ready.
    Seems I am the Taxi cab to drop the wife and lil one off at a baby shower for my older daughter up near lake grapevine .I ponder what to do and pm a guy about some slips on the lake he hits and find out he is serving the community Saturday and cant meet up ….
    No big deal I will go waste time over at the bass pro shop .
    Well low and behold I stumble in on a crappie seminar ! Seems Wes Belcher, a pro staff for BnM is giving a seminar and I made the cut of the under 25 first visitors and got me a nice FREE coffee mug and line cutter !
    I listened and chatted some and watched his presentation and was rather surprised he and I think very much alike on many things when it comes to ketchn crappie .
    He likes mono over braid most of the time and seemed to be in the know on things I thought I knew as well .
    Anyway I wandered around after the show and said hi to him and held a 6 foot BnM dock shooter that ALMOST went home with me. Might fine rod for sure . If it was 30% off instead of 20% off I probably would have taken it home with me ….it was that close I tell ya ….
    Found me a pack of my "Karrots" in plastic made by Bobby Garland on sale for under 2 bucks and noticed the name said horsefly ? Anyway I got the call and picked up the other half and told how lucky I was and showed her my mug and line cutter and baits ….
    AND she said oh …. I see you got more KARROTS
    KABOOM time is near
    stay tuned
    p.s. I will grandpa Ketchn next moth
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Redge, redfin00, S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!
    Your gonna make a great grand pa!
    I can only imagine the amount of trouble you all will get into! LOL
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day to me. You sure Wes didn’t come to see you?? ...
    Those SharpShooter 6 are nice rods.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redge View Post
    Congratulations!
    Your gonna make a great grand pa!
    I can only imagine the amount of trouble you all will get into! LOL
    yeah one of my kids friends reminded me Saturday when I saw her about when they rode with me as kids in the back seat and how not serious I was
    said I almost was never serious until one day I told them something in a real serious voice she said she still remembers to this day 20 some years later …..
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Man that breakfast combination would work for me big time. Sounds indeed like a lucky turn of events to me...
    turning necessity in to opportunity... and coming away with the goods. I love your positive spin on life.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go grandpa to be, good looking breakfast dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on almost a gramps, and also finding a way to make it a good day! That grandpa title has eluded me so far, but I do look forward to it!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you been raiding my chicken coop? Lol. Not just everyone has eggs like that, I take it you raise chickens too. We’re headed to Bass Pro this afternoon for some new jig heads and maybe a few new karrots.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the grandpa title. I bought some those karrots last week and thought that sale was over with. I may have to make a trip to the Grapevine store since I have all the colors the Garland store carry.