Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fruitland Park Florida Love Run 5K and Abbey update...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fruitland Park Florida Love Run 5K and Abbey update...

Wifey and I ran the Fruitland Park Florida Love Run 5K this morning. It was 60 degrees here for all you poor Northerners, sorry! Anyway, I like to run at least one 5K a year just to make sure all my parts are working. Open up blood vessels that ain't been used in a while, and check and see if my lungs are still working. You know, a stress test of sorts. Like opening up the V8 to clean the carbon off the valves!

Y'all may remember my posts of me doing the Fort to Base runs up north at the Great Lakes Navel Training Base every year. But they changed it last year to a new location and I did not participate. So this mornings run was the first one I've done since 2017! And dang it, I wasn't sure I was gonna make it! My legs hurt in the first ten minutes. Actually I did make it. Did a 5K in 34 minutes. And burned a whole bunch of carbon off the valves. Yay

Name:  IMG_7041.jpeg
Views: 270
Size:  178.8 KB

And some of you may know Abbey has been sick. She's lost a third of her weight in the last two months. She's undergone many tests, and is on many different meds. The vets are not really sure what wrong, they know her liver, pancreas, and gallbladder are having issues, but then can not nail anything down. So she's on general liver meds, antibiotics, and steroids. She's been on them a while now and she seems to be reacting in positive manner. She's in a much better mood lately.

Name:  57141530076__AF8CA96D-4BE5-4371-9F97-0401BD6F6867.JPG
Views: 184
Size:  107.7 KB
    For those that have met her (she's been to many many crappie camps), she used to be chunky. You can see how skinny she's gotten in this pic. But this is a good pic, she's actually been spunky and is eating well the last few days. Yay. Hope she keeps progressing well. Please keep her in your prayers.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

How many of your cylinders opened? Abbey, still praying for you. Tuie and Sadie says hey.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Swampseed is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep the dust knocked off Slab and prayers sent for Abbey.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Job Boss, Wifey ... and hang tough Abbey !! Thanks for the update !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    Good Job Boss, Wifey ... and hang tough Abbey !! Thanks for the update !!
    No need to congratulate wifey. This is a walk in the park for her. After all, she just did Disney’s Dopy challenge. That’s a 5k Thursday, 10k Friday, 1/2 marathon Saturday, and a whole marathon Sunday. That’s Dopy alright!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best