Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Blessed and Thankful for it

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blessed and Thankful for it

I am a lucky fella in several ways and maybe need to mention how thankful I am for all my blessings .
    I have a small group of good friends that put up with me and a wife that sort of puts up with me and of course a pretty good job and a boss that puts up with me as well .
    So once in a while I get to slip off to a slip somewhere with my friends after my boss lets me slip out of work a little early . I then slip down the road and slip my wife a call telling her I am going to ketch a few .
    She in turns tells me to slip in later than normal and don't wake her or the little one up when I come home .
    Now on with the particulars of my Wednesday slippage . We all meet up about 4 30 pm and hit the boat slips . First drop starts off wrong as a white bass thumps the ole jig and makes me say uh oh ….Then a few minutes later I find the real deal and give a few crappie a turn around into the ole crappie basket . Fish were 12 foot down in around 14 foot of water and biting pretty hard .Around 8 or 9 keepers later the sun starts to slip a bit and the light fades and the bite goes down to nothing just like the sunlight .
    Well we go up and down the boat slips and find nearly nothing . SK manages a few out in 18 foot of water and then it stops totally .So we chat some and he keeps mentioning splashing noises up by the bank !
    I said you know I saw some fellas head down towards the shallow end right before dark and they never came back ? So we amble down towards the shallow water and get in some slips that are about 6 to 8 foot deep water . We are chatting some and I have about 5 foot of line off my rod dangling my bait and one bought knocks me off the walkway …..Sure enough there they are in shallow water in the dark and the KABOOM commences and these here fish aint even bashful about how they hit a jig .
    The basket loads up kinda fast and i say woah gentlemen as i only wanted about a dozen and i for sure don't want more than 25 in the basket and we are approaching that number way to fast .
    Last fish i managed was a black bass and down the road we went .We were not totally sure if it was prespawn driving them or bait until i cleaned them the next day and the eggs i saw drive me to thinking a bunch of bait goes shallow in the dark as the stomachs were full of bait and the eggs don't look near ready. the one fish pictured before the black bass was the smallest fish i managed this trip and looked to be just under or 10 inches ….mighty fine trip and thanks to my friends and family and boss for letting it happen ...
    That's my story and stay tuned …
    and have a nice weekend yawl
    p.s. color seemed unimportant and i counted 22 on my tailgate
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Redge, ad1974, Clipper, S10CHEVY, ezgoing LIKED above post

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice post, thanks for that.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a lot of fun! I love fishing the marinas and boat slips.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to you and SK on a great catch. Sounds like a blast.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

What good fun. One mighty fine looking tailgate. KABOOM

Post Thanks / Like

Good catch!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ez I might have to cancel or reschedule this week ....Wednesday won’t work for me ...
    And thanks so much for the nice comments yawl

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ketchn, you know that it does not need to be a Wednesday. You are welcome anytime you have the time to fish. Just let me know the day and time and I will be there.

To be honest I am there every day the weather permits.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope today ...I aint ketched a fish in several days and I am not liking it