Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Few Of My Favorite Jig Colors

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Few Of My Favorite Jig Colors

Keep in mind I can't put all of my favorite color combo's it would just get to be too many. Also notice I included my wing jig at the bottom to show it after it was used since I have been ask about that. I like both type tail feathers shown here. Also number 10 does not show up good in the pictures, but it's variegated chenille we call Tomato Seed (as far as I know named my my friend Matthew). Pics at my site have the color better as it's not this dark and the dark color is red. Added better pic of number 10 chenille at the bottom.

Last edited by skiptomylu; 04-11-2007 at 09:18 AM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so no one like my favs? Let see if anyone looks at this now. I will offer a special to anyone that wants an assortment of my favorites (actually 15 different ones in that pic) with 4 per package, that is 60 jigs all in either 1/32 oz. or 1/16 oz. for $40.00 including shipping. If you live in Texas add $2.50 tax.
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 04-11-2007 at 05:36 PM.

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

I like them Skip I just havnt really ever used hair jigs I've usually just used rubber tubes. Am I missing out?

Post Thanks / Like

Cajun Red says that red is the first color to disappear under water, tried it in my fish tank and sure enough it goes quick.

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabmaster09
    I like them Skip I just havnt really ever used hair jigs I've usually just used rubber tubes. Am I missing out?
    Actually they are feather and not hair. I use feathers most of the time and yes I feel you are missing out. I will use what ever I need to, feather jigs, hair jigs, tube jigs other soft plastics, I use them all, but most of the time I use feather jigs and noting moves in the water like marabou, nothing!

Just look at other materials on sites that sell fly tying and jig tying material and read how many of the items say "it's a lot like marabou", LOL! You would find so many that say that and if marabou was not a truly great tail material there wouldn't be so many people saying their materials are much like marabou.

Think about it.

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cracker68
    Cajun Red says that red is the first color to disappear under water, tried it in my fish tank and sure enough it goes quick.
    There is very little red on these jigs, like a couple is all. There is orange, green, blue, chartreuse, Hot Pink. Red does go first, but it shows well in shallow water and feeper than you think. Maybe it stops looking likr red, but who knows what the fish see. There is only 2 that have FL. Red heads and only one with red in the body so Red is not my favorite color.

#1, #16, #12, #22, #26 and #17 will catch a ton of fish this year and that I guarentee! I have already caught a lot of slabs this year on #2, #4, #12, #22, #24 and #27.

This above I know without a doubt!

Peak Vise Dealer

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Your jigs are great man. I know I have told you that before. CRAPPIE magazine had an excellent article "BLAST FROM THE PAST: HAND TIED HAIR JIGS ARE MAKING A COMEBACK" a few issues ago.

Personally I like a mixture of squirrel ,kip and marabou. on 1/32nd jigs or 1/80 glow in the dark plastic bead heads. They sink really slow and gives the hair and feathers time to undulate and pulsate which really attracts the Crappie, White Bass, Smallmouth and sometimes Sauger.

old ship
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

what is it that you guys like more about feather jigs than you do about rubber jigs?

Post Thanks / Like

red/chart and red/white are my most productive colors so they must not disappear that much lol
    Its all about how ya wiggle it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabmaster09
    what is it that you guys like more about feather jigs than you do about rubber jigs?
    I think they catch more fish because of the very natural movement in the water. I just like feathers better and look at what the bass guys put on Pop R's, feathers to dangle in front of the bass. Many times the hit from a bass come while the pop r is not even moving, but the feathers still are moving with the wave action or anything that makes the water move.

Also even go back to the Roadrunners original jig, it was a marabou tail and you probably know the reputation that Roadrunners have catching fish.

You can spend a lot more money trying any bait you want, but how much can it really cost to find out what feathers will do for you? A few bucks between deciding you were right and don't like them or the same few bucks to find out I was right and they catch fish, a lot of fish!

Peak Vise Dealer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast