Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trolling motor reviews needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling motor reviews needed

Good morning folks,
    I am thinking about buying a new trolling motor with GPS, spot lock etc.. What do you guys have and how do you like it? I crappie and bass fish. I mostly beat banks for bass and troll for crappie. You guys that have units without cables, how do you like them? I have Garmin chart-plotters so the manufacturer doesn't matter.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Since you bass fish and crappie fish....you could have the best of both worlds with a MinnKota Ultrex......you can cable steer it...or you can use a remote.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes need2befishin, Herewego, SpeckledSlab LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Happy with my MK Terrova with i-Pilot I bought in Jan. So far, so good. I love the remote and rarely use the foot pedal, but I am mostly crappie fishing by trolling now, and haven't started bass fishing yet this year.
    "Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."
    Likes SpeckledSlab LIKED above post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Like G said, if bass fishing and crappie fishing that new ultrex is the only way to go. Cable steer with electric assist. Plus ipilot, spotlock and all the other stuff associated to ipilot. Can sit back and use hand remote for spider rigging, long lining or pulling cranks. Get on the foot pedal for casting the banks or jigging brush piles. If I could afford one my Terrova would have already been replaced
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes "G", need2befishin, Tom 513 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a new Ultrex and it is something I won't fish without. Cable steering is effortless and remote and spot-lock features are perfect.
    Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"

Wear that PFD, the life you save might be your own!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have an ultrex and won’t own another boat without one. The jog feature is unbeatable.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I was leaning toward a Terrova. Mostly because of price. Maybe I will wait a bit on the ultrex.

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

If you bass fishnor anything that your working a bank or structure and constantly on and off the unit, wait and get the Ultrex. Have a remote now and makes moving along fishing banks a chore.

Post Thanks / Like

I have both ultrex on my bass boat and terrova on my pontoon. The ultrex is by for the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

you will love the spot lock, especially for crappie fishing...personally, I have a xi5 motor guide. had 2 minnkota's but went with motor guide for the spot lock.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary....for those who don't, no explanation is possible
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast