Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey squirrel hunter.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey squirrel hunter.....

what did you find with the fuse problem on your truck.....just curious... ....thanks, Karl
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not exactly sure yet but I recently bought 2 running light assemblies and installed them on the trailer. Each assembly had 2 short wires already attached but I didn't use them. I left them hanging and I think that they are probably touching the trailer and causing the fuse to blow.
    I'm gonna change the fuse and try to blow it by touching the bare wire to the trailer. If that works I will tape the wires, change the fuse, and that should do it.
    Thanks for asking and keep your fingers crossed for me.- Brad Baker
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o

Post Thanks / Like

That is exactly what is happening. It what happened to my boat trailer. Change the fuse and cover the wires with some wirenuts or connect them to the new sidelights. Those side lights are suppose to be there and working for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel hunter
    I'm not exactly sure yet but I recently bought 2 running light assemblies and installed them on the trailer. Each assembly had 2 short wires already attached but I didn't use them. I left them hanging and I think that they are probably touching the trailer and causing the fuse to blow.
    I'm gonna change the fuse and try to blow it by touching the bare wire to the trailer. If that works I will tape the wires, change the fuse, and that should do it.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If that don't do it Brad, let me know and we'll get together. I've been accused of being a 3 wire electrician. LOL I do have all kinds of meters and do all my own wiring. I'm sure we can find the problem.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Talking you got it....

Fingers crossed....don't think you'll need it tho.....I do believe you have found source of your problem...when you tape them up make sure to do it individually one wire at time...if tape together could get short to ground if two wires touch each other...also if you touch ground wire to trailer it won't blow fuse so don't stop at one wire on check out...only hot wire will blow fuse......hope that last part helps.. ...here's to trouble-free trailering

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been able to get home until late (pesky job) but I'm gonna try to check it out tonight and report back.
    Thanks for all the help!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool No problem....

I haven't been able to get home until late (pesky job) but I'm gonna try to check it out tonight and report back.
    Thanks for all the help!
    sure thing squirrel hunter...no sweat ..can't help with fishing techniques and tactics...trying to learn...just glad to help...trying to pull my share of the load...in exchange for all I'm learning about fishing here.. :D

Post Thanks / Like

OK, it's fixed thanks to some fancy tape work. Does that make me an electrician? Do I have to join a union or anything?
    Seriously, thanks to everyone who pitched in with ideas to help. I am impressed by your willingness to help and if anyone needs help with a roof let me know.