HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for new rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for new rod

I want to get a new spinning rod. Looking for something in the 8 ft light to ultra light medium action . Will use 4 to 6 lb. line on it. I will be throwing 1/16 to 1/4 ounce jigs. Mainly 1/8 ounce. I want a decent rod and price is not a major concern. However I would rather not have to lie to my wife about the price! Ha Ha

Post Thanks / Like

Southern Crappie and B&M both make a nice 8 ft rod and you won't have to tell fibs to your wife.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRay View Post
    Southern Crappie and B&M both make a nice 8 ft rod and you won't have to tell fibs to your wife.
    I bought my B&M rod last year. Best rod I have ever had in my hands. Excellent jigging rod as well as just drifting in the boat.

Sent from my LML212VL using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Thanks "G" thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for B n' M. And Grizzly Jig Co. has excellent pricing at around the $50.00 level depending on model. I favor the SHSS myself.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Check this out. You can get an incredible rod for less than half the cost of a premium fly rod.

https://www.crappie.com/crappie/panf...ating-panfish/
    Likes Alphahawk LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

If you haven't decided yet look up Vexan Crappie Rods, the start at 6'6" all way to 18' we have a couple 8 ers, we longline with and love them. Southerns are good too but they're not really for casting and retrieving lurks, more for tight lining and long lining.
    If you don't get hung every-once-n-a-while you ain't jigg'n it right..:D
    Member of:
    South Carolina Crappie Association TX. Trail
    Vexan Pro-staff Member

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 8' bgjp and love that little thing. its a little on the limber side but you can throw some light stuff with it for sure. I mostly use it bream fishing and pitching corks for crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

if you can’t find what you want message me I’d be happy to build one. I’ve been having fun building them lately.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got Luke a 8' Southern Crappie rod. It's pretty great. Just short enough and just long enough. Plenty of backbone and plenty of bend.

Post Thanks / Like

Call Wade at Grizzly Jig. They have everything and they will help you find what you need. They have the best customer service. I bought a light action 8' ozark jigging/spinning rod this year that I really like, it casts well but it's a little stiff for 1/16th oz. I was at the show a few weeks ago and they have alot of spinning rods or 8' light action jig poles that would suit your needs. They sell basically every brand and model and you never know what they will have on sale.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast