HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie cleaning table

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie cleaning table

Suggestions for cleaning table top material? I have a wood table that I use currently with a piece of broke granite on top of that I use to filet on. Question is what is a good material to put over the wood to make a better cleaning area and where do u get it?

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

silverside is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had one years ago that i used plexiglass for the top. Worked well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I used a piece of countertop that was cut out for the sink. Know any people who remodel?

Post Thanks / Like

Well that’s what I was using was granite that was cut out of a friends remodel. But I dropped it and broke it. That’s why I was looking at something different. The plexiglass is a great idea and I just so happen to have an old windshield off a golf cart I can use. Never even thought about it. It’s literally lying 15’ from my cleaning table. Lol. Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

I was using the bed of my truck with a 1x8 for cleaning. A couple years ago I noticed Walmart had metal frame plastic folding tables on sale. I picked up an inexpensive 4 foot table that is fairly light. I still actually still clean the fish on a 1x8. I keep the hose handy for washing everything down

I also use the table when I fry fish, chicken, bacon or anything else (wife won't let me fry inside due to the residual odor)

Post Thanks / Like

I took a piece of 1/4” thick plastic, cut to fit and attached to a 2”x12” with liquid nails and some countersunk stainless screws. Cleans up super easy. I find it easier for me if the fish is up off of the table/counter surface.

Likes SpeckledSlab LIKED above post
    Thanks jigflinger thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Check with Caseys or Subway. I have a friend that worked for Caseys General Store and they replace their cutting boards that they make sandwiches on every so often and she got me one. It fits perfect on my tailgate so I have a cleaning station where ever I go!!

Post Thanks / Like

High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) is the best. It is sanitary and food safe. Can be purchased in virtually any thickness. I bought a piece cut to order in Tulsa that was 1/2" thick, 24" wide and 60" long. Bought it a few years back. Can't remember the price but it wasn't too bad. Tulsa Plastics Company was the place. Placed my order, went to lunch and they had it cut and ready by the time I got back.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I’ve got an old plexiglass windshield that I’m gonna use on top of my existing table. I also am going to put some on a 2x12 because I agree raising off the table makes it easier to filet. One day I ll probably upgrade to the full on hdpe but going to start here. No plastic company around here that I know of. Maybe one in Memphis

Likes Sup LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

My fish cleaning table: A thermoformed plastic pallet (they are made to use with a forklift. About 4ft by 4ft plus or minus. Its raining outside and I'm estimating. When they become damaged or scarred the company will give them away or almost.) Each corner will accept a 2 x 4, with minor shaving, which is the legs of the table. I then use a clean hard board to fillet on. Its movable, strong, inexpensive, long lasting and any height you want it to be determined by the length you cut the 2 by 4. Get 2 or 3 pallets as this is a handy gadget.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast