Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some engineering help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need some engineering help

I'm getting a Gamin Livescope. I've seen various mounts that are hand operated to turn the unit. I have an old foot controlled TM and I'd like to use that to put the LS on, so I can easily turn while fishing.

I want to use that TM, but I don't have a good place to put another TM on the bow of my boat. The bracket is so long when the TM is stowed that its going to hit something, anywhere I put it.

So, I need some help in figuring out how to design a bracket that will allow the old foot control shaft to be used for the LS mount, but either be taken off when not in use or stowed in a shorter way. If that makes sense.

I think I could get by with about 36" of total length and I thought about cutting the bracket down to accomodate that but it's still gonna be hard to put it somewhere that it won't be in the way.

Thanks for any help you guys might offer.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need some engineering help

Could you use a hinge with a removable pin to attach to a bracket so that you could unmount or mount the shaft when not in use.?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I think Cornfield crappie has a 360 mount that connects to trolling motors, as I checked the website seems they have something in the works for this
    Name:  IMG_5084.JPG
Views: 605
Size:  151.6 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Dutch552 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RustyJig View Post
    Could you use a hinge with a removable pin to attach to a bracket so that you could unmount or mount the shaft when not in use.?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Possibly, I'll look today and see how I could make that work, thanks.

I probably didn't make my original post clear enough. I have an Ulterra on my boat and I have an old foot controlled TM that I want to use for nothing more than the Livescope mount. I took the motor off the shaft yesterday. I don't have room to install the 2nd trolling motor without hitting a rod holder, or the Ulterra.

Post Thanks / Like

I was under the impression the Cornfield mount would connect to your ulterra, so you would not need to stow or mount anything else. Does the ulterra automatically deploy? I am not sure if Cornfield mount connects to automatic deployment trolling motors

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Without a picture I’m going to make an assumption here. On your clamp bracket that holds your shaft, does it not have a bolt or pin that holds it to the actual tilt/fold arm. If it does, remove that portion, then get a couple ov c,clamps and fab up a mont that you could clamp onto side of boat. If only using 36” I would think you could unclamped and lay in boat about as easy as creating a folding bracket. Actually you might be able to cut off a portion of the tilt arm on existing bracket and use it to create a clamp on folding bracket where shaft would pivot in and out on that mounting pin.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike58 View Post
    I was under the impression the Cornfield mount would connect to your ulterra, so you would not need to stow or mount anything else. Does the ulterra automatically deploy? I am not sure if Cornfield mount connects to automatic deployment trolling motors

They do make a mount to go on an Ulterra but I don't want it mounted on my TM. The Livescope would be useless when using the spot lock feature and also would have to be mounted perpendicular to the TM direction for fishing structure around the bank. I want to be able to see all around the boat if needed without interfering with the TM.
    Likes Mike58 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cray View Post
    Without a picture I’m going to make an assumption here. On your clamp bracket that holds your shaft, does it not have a bolt or pin that holds it to the actual tilt/fold arm. If it does, remove that portion, then get a couple ov c,clamps and fab up a mont that you could clamp onto side of boat. If only using 36” I would think you could unclamped and lay in boat about as easy as creating a folding bracket. Actually you might be able to cut off a portion of the tilt arm on existing bracket and use it to create a clamp on folding bracket where shaft would pivot in and out on that mounting pin.
    Yes it has that bolt. It's an old MG trolling motor. What you wrote is sorta the way I'm leaning, but I haven't come up with a good game plan yet. I need some red neck engineered drawings on a napkin. LOL I have nothing on my napkin yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello: My buddy just bought a transducer mount for his panoptics transducer. He also has an Ulterra. He bought it from Fishing Specialties. It is a bracket with a removable transducer mount. He didn't like the idea of leaving the expensive transducer on his boat not locked up. He also uses the unit for ice fishing and it can easily be removed.. Not what you were looking for just thought you might be interested. Good Luck. O -R

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Check with Rickie at Podunk Ideas. His da'ducer mount is exactly what you need.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes blueball, Dutch552, wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast