Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rod storage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod storage

Would be interested in seeing how you haul/store your long rods in your boat. I have a Lund Explorer with a windshield so seems a little more difficult to setup? I use mostly 14' Rods.
    Also what brand you would recommend.
    Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Asked this question a few days ago with no response. I did buy the rod transport system from millennium and they came in today. Very impressed with the craftsmanship and the many different ways in adjustments that they have. I think these would work around a windshield as they adjust at the foot plate to go in or out at an angle. They are also height adjustable. They are very heavy built. There are many good transport racks out there but these had the most in adjustments which is what I was looking for. Hope to get installed this week.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You bought some good ones...they can be adjusted and configured to fit just about any boat.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I only have 5 "long rods" (3 @14' & 2 @13') ... the three 14' rods are left broke down & in rod sleeves/sox and transported inside the rod locker. The two 13' rods are collapsible rods, and they'll be transported "as is" in the rod locker.

If I "only" Pushed or Spider Rigged ... I'd consider a boat mounted carrier system. I don't, as I do a lot of casting, therefore I don't consider such a system. If I intend to start the day or only Push the whole day, I put the rods together prior to launching. If I intend to start the day casting & could possibly use the long rods sometime during the day, they stay in the rod locker until that time. My rod holders are kept in the front deck hatch until such time as they are to be put into use.

I've only used two brands .... BnM (PST & C/C models) and BPS (Uncle Buck's Deluxe collapsible) and have Pushed jigs & cranks with them (with up to 2oz weights) and they've performed very well IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwightparks View Post
    Asked this question a few days ago with no response. I did buy the rod transport system from millennium and they came in today. Very impressed with the craftsmanship and the many different ways in adjustments that they have. I think these would work around a windshield as they adjust at the foot plate to go in or out at an angle. They are also height adjustable. They are very heavy built. There are many good transport racks out there but these had the most in adjustments which is what I was looking for. Hope to get installed this week.

Thanks for your help!

silverside is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I only have 1 long pole. A 12' B&M jigging pole so my transport is not complicated. My buddy uses long poles and made some pvc folders to stand them straight up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwightparks View Post
    I did the same thing. Ordered from Mr. Gene (E-Z Poleholder) Sunday and hope it gets here tomorrow. I'm in no way an expert but the broad range of adjustment is what sold me too. Gene hooked me up with rod holders and a seat a few weeks back and they are awesome products. Good luck to you.....
    Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"

Wear that PFD, the life you save might be your own!!
    Likes dwightparks LIKED above post