Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question for Hummingbird SI Owners

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question for Hummingbird SI Owners

I am very interested in the SI units from Hummingbird. I was wondering do they have a feature that allows you to GPS a piece of structure while viewing it on the side imaging?
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Most certainly does. Either unit 997 or 797 will allow this.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it does. And sure is nice. Also you can make more then one waypoint. Make one on a stake bed, Then mark the other 15 near it.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Yes and the best feature is that if using the sidescan, if you mark something that you are already passed 200 feet behind or to the side of the boat. It figures the distance from the current location and the spot you marked and marks that exact spot. Its pretty sweet!
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

If you can spend the cash, buy the 997c. There is not another sonar on the market for the price that matches the performance.

What I really enjoy about this unit is the recording. I can make recordings on the lake and review it at home. If I find items of interest, I can mark their GPS cords for the next trip. Plus, you don't need to be right over the structure to capture the GPS cords, just move the cursor over it.

While I am on the lake, I can freeze the screen and zoom in on structure. If I like it, I can mark it via the GPS and turn around and come back to it. I normally then use traditional sonar once I get over the top of it.